What do you guys think of Craig Bohl?

arkane

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Horrible defensive coach.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Great coach at NDSU, doing good things at Wyoming, bad D-coordinator, do not want as the HC at Nebraska. 

How was he a bad D coordinator? In his 3 years as a DC our defenses were 20th, 10th, and 45th nationally. We've only had 3 top 20 defenses since then (all under Bo). 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

How was he a bad D coordinator? In his 3 years as a DC our defenses were 20th, 10th, and 45th nationally. We've only had 3 top 20 defenses since then (all under Bo). 

Exhibit A: 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 2

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I won't argue that he was a good DC, but to say bad/horrible wouldn't be correct after looking at the whole body of work. I would say giving up over 30 ppg is horrible aka Mr. Diaco 

If you're trying to make a comparison to Diaco, you're doing it wrong. 

2000: 31 points to OU, 29 points to KSU

2001: 62 to CU, 37 to Miami (thank you, Larry Coker)

2002: 40 to PSU, 36 to ISU, 49 to KSU. 

The wheels were fully off by 2002. 

25 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Exhibit A: 

Also, quick story about this game. My family and I were staying at the Marriot in Des Moines when Colorado was playing @ Ames (the game before us) we were there for a wedding. I was wearing a Nebraska jacket and HC Gary Barnett was poking fun about it. I jokingly told him that Eric Crouch was going to run all over them etc. I then got in the elevator and my brother and I were squeezed in between 4 massive lineman and RB Chris Brown. With a low voice their DL said "Wrong jacket for being in here boy" then we all started laughing. I was younger and started spouting out how we were going to dominate them in Boulder. 62 points and 6 rushing TD later by Brown....Sorry, Craig! 

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 1

Just now, BIG ERN said:

Also, quick story about this game. My family and I were staying at the Marriot in Des Moines when Colorado was playing @ Ames (the game before us) we were there for a wedding. I was wearing a Nebraska jacket and HC Gary Barnett was poking fun about it. I jokingly told him that Eric Crouch was going to run all over them etc. I then got in the elevator and my brother and I were squeezed in between 4 massive lineman and RB Chris Brown. With a low voice their DL said "Wrong jacket for being in here boy" then we all started laughing. I was younger and started spouting out how we were going to dominate them in Boulder. 62 points and 6 rushing TD later by Brown....

Ha ha ha, that's a good story. 

But this means that that game was completely your fault, right? Not Barrett Ruud over pursuing every cutback lane? 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Also, quick story about this game. My family and I were staying at the Marriot in Des Moines when Colorado was playing @ Ames (the game before us) we were there for a wedding. I was wearing a Nebraska jacket and HC Gary Barnett was poking fun about it. I jokingly told him that Eric Crouch was going to run all over them etc. I then got in the elevator and my brother and I were squeezed in between 4 massive lineman and RB Chris Brown. With a low voice their DL said "Wrong jacket for being in here boy" then we all started laughing. I was younger and started spouting out how we were going to dominate them in Boulder. 62 points and 6 rushing TD later by Brown....

So it was you!  You gave them the bulletin-board material that motivated them for that game!   OMG!

GUYS! GUYS! I FOUND OUT WHO DESTROYED HUSKER FOOTBALL!  IT WAS BIG ERN THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Plus1 3
Just now, Cdog923 said:

Ha ha ha, that's a good story. 

But this means that that game was completely your fault, right? Not Barrett Ruud over pursuing every cutback lane? 

I was young and my older brother for the next two weeks blamed the game on me. We then somehow made the NC as we all know so I told him it didn't matter, and the curse was lifted 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, arkane said:

I'm not actually a Nebraska fan, I like Arkansas. We're probably both going to be looking for new coaches at the end of the year, and I hear people saying Scott Frost to Nebraska is a foregone conclusion. While looking around at potential coaches for Arkansas, I noticed Craig Bohl, the guy who built North Dakota State and won three straight NCs there, is a graduate of Nebraska. If for some reason you didn't get Frost, would he be considered or welcomed? He's having so-so success at Wyoming, but it's Wyoming. Not the easiest place to thrive, and this is only his fourth year. And not to discount the awesome turnaround Frost has given UCF, but I want to say Bohl has proven at least as much.

I think he’s a great coach who knows how to develop talent and has a plan that everyone understands.

Many people around here talk about what he did 15 years ago at DC following the retirement of one of the best ever, Charlie McBride.

It’s different now because in those days we paid the DC $7ph plus all the food you can eat.

K State is rumored to be looking at him because he fits what they do perfectly.

In your talent rich area I think he would do well, but it’s a crapshoot these days no matter who you hire because of the changes in the rules of engagement.