moos has to be regretting the no mid season firing statement

Yeah, no purpose served in firing him mid-season. He’s a good guy who is doing his best and is well liked. Let him coach it out and find the most graceful and respectful way to ease him out. Call it a retirement, give him an advisory gig in the Athletic Department, whatever. But let him save face as we move on. He’s earned it and it’s the best move for all involved.

• Plus1 2

How about this, don’t fire Riley mid season if that is an issue, but please replace him on the sideline with a fathead that looks mad and is not chewing gum. May be that will have a positive effect on the players. If every time I looked at the sideline I saw my coach pacing look8ng completely lost and chewing gum, I would not want to play hard. Why should I when my coach has no fire or emotion what so ever.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Yeah, no purpose served in firing him mid-season. He’s a good guy who is doing his best and is well liked. Let him coach it out and find the most graceful and respectful way to ease him out. Call it a retirement, give him an advisory gig in the Athletic Department, whatever.

I don't really see him sticking around for a job in the athletic department, even if offered. I think he's ready to head back to Oregon as soon as he can...

1 minute ago, Redreign22 said:

Hes got to pull the trigger. Riley is creating apathy by the minute. His lack of give a damn and complete loss of answers is spreading thru the team like a cancer.

I agree, let him finish the season, but let it be known that Riley is not coming back.... This is getting bad. I was watching Nick Gates in the locker room during the prayer, no fire, kid plays the same way. It is time to send a message to Frost. 

4 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

Hes got to pull the trigger. Riley is creating apathy by the minute. His lack of give a damn and complete loss of answers is spreading thru the team like a cancer.

Yup

2 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I agree, let him finish the season, but let it be known that Riley is not coming back.... This is getting bad. I was watching Nick Gates in the locker room during the prayer, no fire, kid plays the same way. It is time to send a message to Frost. 

Yup. 

And there were numerous times during the game that zig was still fighting for yards and gates was just sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

6 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Yup

Yup. 

And there were numerous times during the game that zig was still fighting for yards and gates was just sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

I know it is a joke. Get this dudes off the field if they don't want to play hard.   This culture is a joke...

I would say that its time to make it public that Riley and staff would not be returning and leave at that.  As soon as the Iowa game is over, then get to interviewing your people.  It won't take long to interview the first person (Frost) and have your answer to move forward with.  I am sure that Frost will want to see his team thru, but you never know, he might let his coaching staff and players do the work so he can hit the ground recruiting for the RED N.

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I would say that its time to make it public that Riley and staff would not be returning and leave at that.  As soon as the Iowa game is over, then get to interviewing your people.  It won't take long to interview the first person (Frost) and have your answer to move forward with.  I am sure that Frost will want to see his team thru, but you never know, he might let his coaching staff and players do the work so he can hit the ground recruiting for the RED N.

IMG_0486.GIF

20 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

"Hi, you've reached Scott Frost. Please leave your name and number, and I'll get back to you. If you are affiliated with Nebraska, call back in 4 weeks."

*beep*

If your Nebraksa I am thinkingof a # beginning with 6 and ending in a lot of zeros. If your from Florida, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

• Plus1 1