Gary Sharp Says On Twitter Frost To UF Is "Close To A Done Deal"

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

One got 4 years.  One wanted to quit after 2-1/2

And Urban faked heart issues to get the heck out of there. Just maybe the heat in the oven is turned up a little too high. There is a place where he will get a long leash, total control, and an easier division. 

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

And Urban faked heart issues to get the heck out of there. Just maybe the heat in the oven is turned up a little too high. There is a place where he will get a long leash, total control, and an easier division. 

At the school that fires nine win coaches, in the conference that alters its divisions every few years.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think it's a problem.  I admit I don't listen every morning but the times I do he seems to do a good job of walking that line

He does a good job at it, but he does play the side he wants at times.  He did spell out some of the problems yesterday.  Seems like the biggest issue is our entire staff is at odds and MR isn't strong enough to deal with it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Living smack in the middle of gator country, he'll get 6 games, at best, before people get mad. I work with 75% Gator fans, and a bunch of them wanted Mac out halfway through year one.

To be fair, you could go through these boards 2 years ago and people would say the same about RIley

• Plus1 2

Maybe it is just me but if I am in the shoes of a soon to be HC I am not worried about getting fired, not at all.  Why would you be, you are getting paid no matter what.  So with that said, all I am looking for is the best deal for me.  Because it is (probably) a one time lotto ticket and I want the best/biggest lotto ticket I can get.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe it is just me but if I am in the shoes of a soon to be HC I am not worried about getting fired, not at all.  Why would you be, you are getting paid no matter what.  So with that said, all I am looking for is the best deal for me.  Because it is (probably) a one time lotto ticket and I want the best/biggest lotto ticket I can get.

You wouldn't be concerned about getting fired personally, but you do have a family to worry about and a staff and players that are all greatly affected if you fail.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You wouldn't be concerned about getting fired personally, but you do have a family to worry about and a staff and players that are all greatly affected if you fail.

But the family is set for life (assuming you get that sweet deal).  The players are only there for 4 years as it is (5 tops), and the staff, well those guys are all in it for the same reason, to be a HC some day and get paid.  

I don't mean I would try and do a bad job once I signed the lotto ticket, I mean that the most important thing is the biggest lotto ticket you can find.