Spielman Re-Writing Record Books

Mavric

3 hours ago, unlfan said:

Moos needs to start recruiting him right now to stay. He’s the only guy that I’d care if he transferred. Rest would be addition by substraction.

wow - bold statement.  The team is down and the writing is on the wall that the staff will probably be packing in a couple weeks.  These kids practice hard for almost an entire year for the chance to play a dozen games.  When the wheels fall off it is tough to still give the effort that is needed.  We have some kids that have not played a down yet at NU and I wouldn't give up on them yet.  Now with that said i'm sure some will leave and hopefully their replacements will produce on the field.  

In regards to re-recruiting JD and some of the other top players - I agree and i'm guessing that the three at the top are already doing so.  My guess is that the next HC and OC will be well respected and these top players will stay committed to NU.

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I think we'd want to also keep Stoltenberg, the Davis twins, and some others...

We've got some talent on both sides.  IMHO, our areas of largest concern would be OL and LB. One good thing about Diaco is 16 guys got Blackshirts and like 45 guys got some meaningful playing time.  At least we have a lot of experience returning.... 

We lack the ability of this staff to acknowledge the talent on hand, develop said talent and maximize the talent.  

A new staff that that can fit the scheme to the players and hold them accountable could make the majority of kids on our squad look like world beaters.  

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think he would excel in SF's offense. 

Not to derail this thread but I was wondering about this when watching UCF's game a couple weeks ago.  Their RB - Killens or something like that - is a small guy who is crazy quick and fast.  Spielman played RB in high school.  I wonder if Spielman would excel at RB in Frost's offense.

yes, I noticed that about UCF's RB.  I think Spielman could excel in a couple of places in that O.   Slot, RB and even WR - prefer taller but sometimes quick overcomes the height disadvantage.   He'd be crazy in an up tempo O - quick snap, quick guy wt the ball - hard to keep up wt the action from the D perspective.   It will be interesting to see how he and TG (our redshirt QB) might connect.  I think TG might be better in SF's offense than O'Brien.

32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not to derail this thread but I was wondering about this when watching UCF's game a couple weeks ago.  Their RB - Killens or something like that - is a small guy who is crazy quick and fast.  Spielman played RB in high school.  I wonder if Spielman would excel at RB in Frost's offense.

Frost, or any spread OC would be drooling to have Spielman.  He has such dynamic skills, that he can be moved all over the field.  Whether he's lined up as an RB or slot receiver, he's a tough match-up for any defense.  I think it would be cool to see him used like Osborne used his wingbacks near the end of his career.  Osborne would go full spread, and use the WB's as the pitch man on an option.  I picture him as a Percy Harvin-type guy in a spread offense.  Spielman (through his dad) probably knows Harvin well from Harvin's days as a Minnesota Viking.

Edited by ColoradoHusk