Turn Around - How long?

This is 95% coaching ineptitude we are seeing today.  If not more.

"IF" we get a good coach,  Frost or otherwise, how long does it legitimately take to get us turned around?  One year?  Two years?  Three years?

I'm fearing that there is now some low competitive mentality that is seeped into the team as well.

How long will it take?

• Plus1 1

In all seriousness this is a full rebuild with a complete culture shift in the entire program.  The S&C program needs an overhaul.  The psyche of the players needs an old school basic training tear down and build up.  Along with the right coaches to bring it all together.  The fan base also has to be patient with this staff.  I'm gonna give the next staff 5 years only to be competitive.

Year one marked improvement.  With the right coach.  Hold players accountable from the jump.  You quit a play?  You sit.  It's that's simple.  A complete open evaluation.  No spot is safe.  Not one.  And that goes not only for determining the starters for game one, but evaluated play to play, series to series and game to game....

Bo went 9-4 in 2008 after Callys disastrous 5-7 season....  

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

"IF" we get a good coach,  Frost or otherwise, how long does it legitimately take to get us turned around?  One year?  Two years?  Three years?

I'm fearing that there is now some low competitive mentality that is seeped into the team as well.

How long will it take?

Thankfully Nebraska plays in a division that I feel like if you can get a combo of a great coach and a great QB, that takes care of a whole lot of ills.  Next year will obviously be difficult with both the coaching change plus the schedule is quite difficult.  Year 2 though?  I think (more hope) that things can hopefully start to get turned around.  Nebraska has a lot of youth, hopefully they can get it turned around.

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

How long will it take?

Every season brings a "new" team, so a turnaround is possible in one year.  I have maintained that while talent could always be better, we have enough talent on this team right now to win the Big 10. 

Even if someone disagrees with me that Nebraska has the talent to win the Big 10, we certainly have the talent that we shouldn't be getting blown out by anyone, and certainly NOT Minnesota.

But it all starts with effort.  As a player, know your assignments, do your job, and give max effort every single snap.  We get a coaching staff who gets these kids ready to play, and gets them to give effort, you'll be amazed at the turnaround that can happen in one year. 

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Every season brings a "new" team, so a turnaround is possible in one year.  I have maintained that while talent could always be better, we have enough talent on this team right now to win the Big 10. 

Even if someone disagrees with me that Nebraska has the talent to win the Big 10, we certainly have the talent that we shouldn't be getting blown out by anyone, and certainly NOT Minnesota.

But it all starts with effort.  As a player, know your assignments, do your job, and give max effort every single snap.  We get a coaching staff who gets these kids ready to play, and gets them to give effort, you'll be amazed at the turnaround that can happen in one year. 

Doesn't it take talent PLUS mentality?  I wonder about that right now.  Or worry rather than wonder I guess.

You may never Know, because of all the pressure that is put on a coach at Nebraska to win. Look at Solich and Poleni, they were holding a steady course but the expectations placed on the program from the fan base was way too high. The way Nebraska goes through coaches don't expect top level coaches to be lining up to get the job unless they are just wanting to pad their retirement plans. Might be that Nebraska's glory days are gone for good. Also a classless move calling time-out with less than 20 seconds left to play.

44 minutes ago, lo country said:

Year one marked improvement.  With the right coach.  Hold players accountable from the jump.  You quit a play?  You sit.  It's that's simple.  A complete open evaluation.  No spot is safe.  Not one.  And that goes not only for determining the starters for game one, but evaluated play to play, series to series and game to game....

Bo went 9-4 in 2008 after Callys disastrous 5-7 season....  

Next years juniors and seniors may be broken beyond repair.  As someone brought up in the game thread they should really look at bringing in a bunch of JUCOs in this class.

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

How long will it take?

It will take much more than a new “magical” coach. Our fans who think it is that simple need to stop living in the past. Top recruits today have many better options. Unrealistic expectations only exasperate the problem.

• Plus1 1