The Democrat Utopia

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's refreshing to have a President who doesn't have to use armed forces to sweep away protesters to attend church.

I'm sure our religious conservative friends are thankful for a worshipful man like Joe Biden in the White House.

He believes in the right to killing babies, so not thankful.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He believes in the right to killing babies, so not thankful.  

He actually probably doesn't, personally.

He protects the currently legally-enshrined ability to have an abortion because it's the law of the land.

If you don't like that, by all means, continue electing Republicans. They are doing their best to quickly erase that right.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He actually probably doesn't, personally.

He protects the currently legally-enshrined ability to have an abortion because it's the law of the land.

If you don't like that, by all means, continue electing Republicans. They are doing their best to quickly erase that right.

Except that after they all voted for trump (twice) and THEN they claim to care about someone's abortion stance, that's laughably unbelievable.

• Plus1 2
On 10/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, knapplc said:

Except that after they all voted for trump (twice) and THEN they claim to care about someone's abortion stance, that's laughably unbelievable.

The Religious RIght in this country is extremely consistent. The expect unfailing consistence to a core set of ideological tenets which just so happen to align near seamlessly with the current Republican platform. Republicans have done a good job convincing religious voters if they don't vote R they're heretics, as well.

All that matters is saying you believe the core tenets and acting to advance them. Beyond that it's all window dressing.

It's why they can pretend Trump was a devout, practicing Christian in spite of the multitude of evidence to the contrary, and why Biden's faith means jack diddly.

Tunnel vision on the only thing that matters.

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No one actually pretends that unless you would like to provide proof.

“In my opinion, Donald Trump lives a life of loving and helping others as Jesus taught in the great commandment,” Falwell said.

“He cannot be bought, he's not a puppet on a string like many other candidates ... who have wealthy donors as their puppet masters,” he added.

Falwell then spoke of his father’s support for Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, an affiliation that was controversial in some evangelical circles because Reagan’s opponent in the 1980 election, then-President Jimmy Carter, was a devout Southern Baptist.

“When he walked into the voting booth, he wasn’t electing a Sunday school teacher or a pastor or even a president who shared his theological beliefs; he was electing the president of the United States with the talents, abilities and experience required to lead a nation,” Falwell said of his father. “After all, Jimmy Carter was a great Sunday school teacher, but look at what happened to our nation with him in the presidency. Sorry.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/26/evangelical-leader-jerry-falwell-jr-endorses-trump/

During one of their early New York encounters, “I walked in and said, ‘I don’t want your money, I don’t want your fame, I want your soul,’ ” she remembers. “He just looked at me.” The two clicked, and somewhere along the line, White apparently got her wish, though she is reluctant to offer further details. “Yes, there was an absolute moment that he received Jesus as Lord and Savior,” she says. “I have led many high-profile people to the Lord.”

"She leads [Trump's] heart to the Lord, and that's all Trump wants," Cain says. "He actually recognizes her anointing and checks in with her. Every time she's in Washington, he has to see her." He recalls that when White was asked to pray for Trump during the Republican National Convention, "she was on her knees by the bed for hours. She prayed for him to have the strength and clarity to speak to the American public. I saw later how a calm came over him. He receives it like a child. He channels her."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/she-led-trump-to-christ-the-rise-of-the-televangelist-who-advises-the-white-house/2017/11/13/1dc3a830-bb1a-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html

“I think there’s no question he believes,” said the Rev. Franklin Graham, who has followed in the footsteps of his father, Billy Graham, as a faith adviser in the White House. Graham said he believes Trump has had a conversion moment, but he doesn’t know when it might have happened.

“I absolutely believe he’s a born-again Christian,” Moore said. “I see it in things he’s said publicly and privately. I’ve seen it in his desire to stand up for what he believes is right."

“President Trump is a man of God, and faith plays an important role in his life. The President values the close counsel of many in the faith-based community, as well as the daily prayers of the many Americans who pray for him, his family, our country, and our military. I have personally witnessed the President in worship many times and have also seen him use his faith and prayer to privately comfort and console Americans after a tragedy,” Stephanie Grisham, the White House press secretary, said in a statement to The Washington Post.

This weekend’s event is also expected to include politicians: Feucht posted a photo to Instagram on Thursday (Sept. 9) of himself alongside Trump and announced in the caption that the former president would deliver an address to the gathering on Saturday via video. “His speech and call to prayer is one YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS!!!” Feucht wrote. “He was so gracious in championing this movement and prayer and worship in America!!” Feucht then added a trio of emojis: An American flag, praying hands and hands clapping.

Trump’s presence seemed to fill Friday’s event. 

Feuerstein told worshippers he wanted to hold an even bigger event in the future at the stadium used by the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, where the former president would be the primary preacher. 

Before the worship started, a group of women in white dresses with single red letters posed in front of one of the giant American flags, spelling out the message “TRUMP WON.” Outside the main exhibit hall was a pair of Trump stores, selling merchandise with pro-Trump, pro-God messages.

There was also a booth for PatriotChurches.us, staffed by a retired Army colonel turned software salesman, and a display for MoreLordKingdom.com — a Pentecostal T-shirt company with slogans like “More Lord,” “Mas Señor” and “Make America Godly Again.”

Landon Zilbert, who designed a number of the T-shirts, said he was more interested in spiritual renewal in America than political power. The group’s T-shirts are meant to promote conversations about Jesus, he said — and staff at the booth offered to pray for customers during the event.

“We’d rather do that than sell a T-shirt,” he said.

Zilbert did say he supported Trump because the former president’s values lined up with his own. He was concerned freedom to worship was being constrained in the United States, especially during the era of COVID.

17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He did fight for religious ideals though (more so than almost anyone else that I can think of) 

Did he actually fight for religious ideals? Or did he just fight for conservative Christian ideals? Don't recall any fighting on Trump's behalf for Muslim or Hindu ideals.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Imagine trying to get a guy fired for making a completely harmless joke. Such tolerance!

If you want a good chuckle, search 'fire southwest pilot' on Twitter.

i remember when a woman flipped of trumps motorcade and she got fired.  she did that while not at work and on her own free time.    seems precedent might have been set.

• Plus1 2
Just now, commando said:

i remember when a woman flipped of trumps motorcade and she got fired.  she did that while not at work and on her own free time.    seems precedent might have been set.

Yes. The conservative-right set the precedent for calling for people's jobs based on political affiliation. There's a reason nobody in Hollywood, and very few corporations come on out in support of conservative policy.... And it isn't because none of them believe in conservative policy.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yes. The conservative-right set the precedent for calling for people's jobs based on political affiliation. There's a reason nobody in Hollywood, and very few corporations come on out in support of conservative policy.... And it isn't because none of them believe in conservative policy.

the right wing cancel culture is just as strong as the lefts.   have you seen what the right is doing to any repubican who doesn't tow the trump line?    have you not noticed how if a company gets on the wrong side of the right they call for boycotts of those products?  and lol at no one is hollywood being right wing.  there are many of them.  although i will say the balance leans towards the left IMO.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

if he keeps dropping he might get to trumps highest approval.   :laughpound  disclosure...i really don't know what trumps highest level was....but i think it was still below the current Biden marks.  and to be fair...most republicans would never give a dem president anything other than a noose.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, commando said:

the right wing cancel culture is just as strong as the lefts. 

it's not, if for no other reason than the right doesn't have the cultural power that the left has. liberals won the culture war, and are stronger in their ability to cancel because of it

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1