The Democrat Utopia

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would say they were a bigger foe in 2012 than the Democrats were trying to act like they were.

Idk... I remember the comment and thinking "Romney is a relic". It was a different time, and Putin was behind the curtan of Medvedev. Obama seemed to have a rapport with Medvedev (as wrong as that was) and it looked like maybe they could make progress together. With another Putin presidency looming in the coming year, it's like Medvedev took the edge off a little. AQ/ISIS were the biggest threat with 9/11 being only 11 years ago, and China seemed to be a growing threat to US interest around the world. It was just a different time then. Or that's how I saw it as a young 20 something.

• Plus1 1

Sounds like Walsh is bring out a little fear mongering.  The law is only putting on the books what was termed legal by Roe vs. Wade.  The old law was outdated and overruled by the court's previous decision.  What New York is "now allowing' was deemed legal when Roe v. Wade was passed.

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Late-term-abortions-allowed-in-NY-when-mothers-health-is-at-risk-504774072.html

"Known as the Reproductive Health Act, the measure replaces a 1970 state abortion law that was passed three years before Roe legalized abortion nationwide. It codifies many abortion rights laid out in Roe and other court rulings, including a provision permitting late-term abortions when a woman’s health is endangered. The previous law, which was in conflict with Roe and other subsequent abortion rulings, only permitted abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy if a woman’s life was at risk."

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Caveman said:

Late term, indeed. It would be interesting to know the public support for the law. 

I woman isn't just deciding to abort her baby at 8 months.  It's only if the mother's health is at risk.  This is legal in Nebraska too.

"Abortion is illegal in Nebraska if the fetus is over 20 weeks post-fertilization (or 22 weeks after the woman’s last period.) They can only be carried out after this stage if the woman’s life is endangered or if her physical health is severely compromised. The rationale for this ruling was testimony that the fetus can feel pain at this point."  https://assureomaha.com/abortion-and-nebraska-what-the-law-says

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I woman isn't just deciding to abort her baby at 8 months.  It's only if the mother's health is at risk.  This is legal in Nebraska too.

"Abortion is illegal in Nebraska if the fetus is over 20 weeks post-fertilization (or 22 weeks after the woman’s last period.) They can only be carried out after this stage if the woman’s life is endangered or if her physical health is severely compromised. The rationale for this ruling was testimony that the fetus can feel pain at this point."  https://assureomaha.com/abortion-and-nebraska-what-the-law-says

Yeah, that changes things. Carry on