The Democrat Utopia

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Matt Walsh sounds like he's dealing with some stuff....

Poor guy.

Ya he could be.   Men are simple and it ain’t because of wanting food from their wives.   We only have one organ they need to take care of….

Our eyes, we got sports and zombie movies that need tended to when we get home.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People like Nina just have no clue at times :facepalm:  

Having the goal of abolishing poverty does not mean the current system didn't reduce poverty dramatically. The dramatic improvement also doesn't mean that capitalism is the only way to abolish poverty (or even that capitalism could ever abolish poverty). And reducing poverty broadly doesn't mean capitalism didn't create poverty in other ways. We can both acknowledge the successes of the current and past systems and want to do better in the future.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Kunce. But, I don’t agree with him here.  I agree with Elon more. 

But Elon sacrifices his wallet while the people on the assembly line sacrifice their body and sometimes life.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But Elon sacrifices his wallet while the people on the assembly line sacrifice their body and sometimes life.

I have not heard that about Tesla. But, I’m not going to dispute if they have had safety issues. 

Bit, that doesn’t mean Elon doesn’t build things or that just because he’s a billionaire, he should be looked at as something bad. 

And, I’m not an Elon fan. 

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have not heard that about Tesla. But, I’m not going to dispute if they have had safety issues. 

Bit, that doesn’t mean Elon doesn’t build things or that just because he’s a billionaire, he should be looked at as something bad. 

And, I’m not an Elon fan. 

I'm just talking about workers in general, at the OEM and the suppliers. Deaths in OEM plants are extremely rare, deaths in the suppliers are rare but they do happen. All these workers sacrifice their bodies. Repetitive motions 500+ times a day in a noisy, dusty environment is not good on your body.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm just talking about workers in general, at the OEM and the suppliers. Deaths in OEM plants are extremely rare, deaths in the suppliers are rare but they do happen. All these workers sacrifice their bodies. Repetitive motions 500+ times a day in a noisy, dusty environment is not good on your body.

But, that’s not how I feel it should be looked at.   It’s wrong to say Elon hasn’t built things that people benefit from because he’s a billionaire. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that’s not how I feel it should be looked at.   It’s wrong to say Elon hasn’t built things that people benefit from because he’s a billionaire. 

I mean technically he didn't build s#!t. He did finance and have the general idea for it, or he bought the idea in the case of Tesla.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, ZRod said:

Sacrifice is only one component amongst many that go into 'building' something. Vision, ingenuity, organizational leadership, etc. are also components.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://apple.news/A5tS5tCv_R4OcFu3wh3PxCw

Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar's campaign cash to consultants fell by millions of dollars after she removed her husband's firm from her payroll, a Fox News Digital review of federal filings has found.

The Minnesota lawmaker dished out millions of dollars from her campaign's coffers to the E Street Group, a political consulting firm co-owned by her husband, Tim Mynett, during the 2020 election cycle. Mynett's group had raked in half of Omar's total expenditures, making it the committee's largest vendor during that election.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

https://apple.news/A5tS5tCv_R4OcFu3wh3PxCw

Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar's campaign cash to consultants fell by millions of dollars after she removed her husband's firm from her payroll, a Fox News Digital review of federal filings has found.

The Minnesota lawmaker dished out millions of dollars from her campaign's coffers to the E Street Group, a political consulting firm co-owned by her husband, Tim Mynett, during the 2020 election cycle. Mynett's group had raked in half of Omar's total expenditures, making it the committee's largest vendor during that election.

That is very messed up and should never be allowed to happen.

Too bad GOP voters have spent the past 7 years calling it smart business.  Otherwise we might find common ground.

• Plus1 1