What would you do if this was your last game as Nebraska's coach?

knapplc

All of the above.  Fly around, play loose.  You really have nothing to lose.  I expect us to go for it on 4th down a lot.  Take a step back and enjoy the game, it should be pressure free.  Observe everything going on around you, the fans, the coaches, people recognized during the game, the stupid games they play between timeouts.  Just take it all in, no pun intended.  We as fans need to show up, be loud, and cheer on this team.  They hate losing as much as we do and it this point it really doesn't matter the outcome of the game so just enjoy it, great weather too for late November.  I expect it to potentially get emotional when the game ends because I think Mike already knows his fate.  Obviously this wasn't the direction we wanted Nebraska to trend to, but Mike got thrown into a tough situation by an incompetent AD so we need to send a message that we appreciate him trying and the positive image he's brought (not any negative national media like there was on a weekly basis with Bo).  Frankly he wasn't qualified for the job, but you can't fault him for wanting to try to bring Nebraska back.  Just thank him and we'll be on our way to better days ahead.  GBR 

I'd like to see all that stuff happen but I'm not going to wate my time dreaming up stuff he should do because I know what we're going to get. The same ole soft defense and the same ole uninspired vanilla offense. I'm sure it will get slung around the yard plenty because he has not developed any running game. I hope his focus is on getting Stanley over 1000 and also the same for Spielman. And that might even translate into going out with a win but I sure don't expect this old dog to learn any new tricks.

Knapp, I liked that "get Adam Taylor a carry' part - esp after reading the thread Mav started on Adam.  Won't it be amazing for us to have the ball on the 1 yard line and we give Adam the ball and he scores.  Need a feel good Rudy moment.

I'd like to see a double reverse wt Spielman get the pitch and taking it home.  Or even a fake reverse that ends with a Spielman to Morgan pass for TD. 

I'd like the fans to give Mike a classy send off by standing and applauding him.  He is a very good guy and I hope win or lose that we treat him with respect. 

• Plus1 1

Do absolutely everything I can to win the game.  If it's doing what was in the OP, then great.  Do what ever I can to give glory to the seniors.  Give a farewell wave to the crowd as I walk off the field for the last time in my career.

In the locker room, I would tell the team how special they are and how special this place is to play.  I would tell them emphatically to get together as a team and play as absolutely hard as you can for your school and the next staff.  I would impart on them that the administration and the athletic department has nothing but their best interests at heart because everyone wants to play for a winning program and this program deserves to have championships.

In my press conference, I would thank everyone for giving me this chance and express to everyone how special Nebraska is and how everyone needs to get behind the next coaching staff 100%.  

I would then ride off into the sunset enjoying my retirement with my family.

First order of business is I'd make sure Senior Day went off without a hitch, I know it'd be my last day too but I/He cares a great deal about the players and it's the last game for them too. 

I'd try and get the ball first, if we win the toss take the ball, if they win the toss and want the ball for some weird reason surprise on-side to start the game. Grab the game by the balls from the get go. Or at least set the tone that no f's will be given on this day. 

Yeah, I'd run a few trick plays, make it a point to get all the seniors in the game for at least a play, spread throughout the game. 

Another must is Stanley Morgan has to get 88 yards recieving, that and maybe the Michigan State game can be my positive on the field legacy. 

I'd put in a package with DPE at QB and Spielman at RB and send Morgan on the fake fly sweep and generate the three or four or so potential plays out of that, no time to prep them on reading the DE so they would be cake plays. 

I'd also ask the players if there was something they'd like to accomplish/try (aside from winning obviously) and try and accomidate it if possible, no promises.

I wouldn't go for it on 4th more than I had previously but continue with the pattern if it's 4th and inches, QB sneak, hike the ball and fall/get pushed forward. This is something I've always liked about...Myself?...and wonder why more don't do this. 

On defense, I don't know what the dynamic is there, if Diaco even listens to me but if he does I'd have him load the box and make Iowa throw, but not necessarily blitz or run blitz all the time. 

After the game, shake hands, try not to cry. Nah, screw it, I'd cry. 

Edited by RunMickeyRun02
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Do absolutely everything I can to win the game.  If it's doing what was in the OP, then great.  Do what ever I can to give glory to the seniors.  Give a farewell wave to the crowd as I walk off the field for the last time in my career.

In the locker room, I would tell the team how special they are and how special this place is to play.  I would tell them emphatically to get together as a team and play as absolutely hard as you can for your school and the next staff.  I would impart on them that the administration and the athletic department has nothing but their best interests at heart because everyone wants to play for a winning program and this program deserves to have championships.

In my press conference, I would thank everyone for giving me this chance and express to everyone how special Nebraska is and how everyone needs to get behind the next coaching staff 100%.  

I would then ride off into the sunset enjoying my retirement with my family.

So you are saying that Riley shouldn't call Moos a "see you next tuesday"?