Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

Well I'll be donating 200k to every person in America...regardless if they're sick or not.

Declaring Victory - THE  DPRK IS VICTORIES AGAIN! You gained liked 18+  I won. Games over. I won. It was a Huge Win. But the peoples republic is sleepy. We can have a cease fire. However any defectors will be shot after given uncooked corn. I shot a perfect 1 shot on  a 18. I never poop. I was born walking and talking. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach. Let that thought sink in as we await the news of Riley's firing. Callahan won 55% of his games, while Riley only won 50%. Many of us here warned the day that Riley was hired that he would turn out exactly like that, but our warnings were ignored or scorned. Clearly, this program never should have fired Pelini after a 9-3 season, repeating the same idiotic mistake of firing Solich after going 9-3 in 2003. And now we have just suffered the consequences. &$@*!

Causation =/= correlation. 

8 minutes ago, KazLong said:

Declaring Victory - THE  DPRK IS VICTORIES AGAIN! You gained liked 18+  I won. Games over. I won. It was a Huge Win. But the peoples republic is sleepy. We can have a cease fire. However any defectors will be shot after given uncooked corn. I shot a perfect 1 shot on  a 18. I never poop. I was born walking and talking. 

I was born walking, talking, and pooping so I ultimately WIN!!!!

I reject your cease fire because when you're so used to winning you never get tired of it.

Ipso, facto, Bilbo...I win because you called a truce first!!!!  HA!!!  And they say winners don't do drugs!  :P

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I was born walking, talking, and pooping so I ultimately WIN!!!!

I reject your cease fire because when you're so used to winning you never get tired of it.

Ipso, facto, Bilbo...I win because you called a truce first!!!!  HA!!!  And they say winners don't do drugs!  :P

I'm not a bleeding heart I'm  more worried about you then me.  The mods gave me great lean way when I went ape s#!t after losses, however I think we had fun however haven't been active in 2 and half years. 

https://news.stanford.edu/news/2011/august/humor-coping-horror-080111.html

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/humor/

http://www.frazerconsultants.com/2017/01/using-humor-to-help-heal-grief/

As someone who was attempted to be murdered 4 years ago (had to be life flighted), she wanted to see if i was filled with water I was filled with blood to her much disappointment so she kept drilling (see a joke?) my first comment to my dad was a joke after surgery (Not that joke just she cut herself out of my life literally and figuratively hilarious I know after having been staped in the heart!) , it helped, think of that if the trolls report. (as to a mod who has no idea how comedy works it doesn't work to say here is the JOKE FORUM...) Look  at reddit joke section just crap. Jokes and comedy occurs naturally. Jokes evolve as you tell them. Sorry we hijacked  this forum. 

I still declare victory. I won by being the bigger man and protecting you taking new job in Omaha. So I assume free internet lol.   

11 hours ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach. Let that thought sink in as we await the news of Riley's firing. Callahan won 55% of his games, while Riley only won 50%. Many of us here warned the day that Riley was hired that he would turn out exactly like that, but our warnings were ignored or scorned. Clearly, this program never should have fired Pelini after a 9-3 season, repeating the same idiotic mistake of firing Solich after going 9-3 in 2003. And now we have just suffered the consequences. &$@*!

This post has it all folks.  Pelini sympathy AND an "I told you so!" narrative.

Well done ol chap!

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, KazLong said:

It is the curse of Solich. We need to ask the Cubs what they did.

The Cubs allowed goats into the stadium to break the curse. I think we need to bring Steve Pederson to the 50 yard line, and make him shine Solich's shoes. Maybe if Pederson is forced to mow Solich's grass, and Harvey is forced to shovel Solich's snow the curse could be broken. Maybe a we could throw a big party for Solich, and celebrate his accomplishments. This is serious, we need to get the best minds in the country working on a method to break this curse.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Sparker said:

After watching Riley's post firing presser, I can confidently say Callahan absolutely is still the worst coach in the modern era of Nebraska football.

Why?  Because he's nice?  His record is lower than Bill's and he was less entertaining to watch.  Bill also had a couple pretty good years with his two bad ones.  Objectively it's Bill>>Mike

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Why?  Because he's nice?  His record is lower than Bill's and he was less entertaining to watch.  Bill also had a couple pretty good years with his two bad ones.  Objectively it's Bill>>Mike

The title and post said "worst coach" not "Coach with the worst record" therefore it is not an objective statement. If you're talking about best and worst coach, off the field matters some, too.

"Nice" doesn't accurately describe Riley in my opinion.

I honestly think that Mike Riley missed his calling. Nevertheless, it is not too late, I personally think that he would make an excellent addition to the Bud Light commercial series "To the Pit of Misery....Dilly Dilly". I can totally picture him and Diaco in the Pit of Misery commercial talking how they scammed us out of our own BUD LIGHT MONEY.