Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach

F U Mike Riley and get your sorry passive aggressive ass the F outta Lincoln and take that p.o.s.

idiot Diaco with you--and I dont even want to hear anymore about his so-called "class" and "how well he`s handled the situation."

What a joke.

Bottom line:  3 years ago Riley and his wife are sitting at their kitchen table in Beaverland, NE calls and its like he won the f`ing lottery.  "He honey, should we ride it out here or go to NE for a few and triple my income before I retire?"  Wifey likes those huge Husker checks much better than those small Beaver checks!

He had no intention of getting anything done at NE other than getting much richer before he rides off into the sunset.

Its so pathetic I find it difficult to think about w/o getting furious, with his bulls#!t "nice guy" routine.  Its all been a big scam and Riley`s having the last laugh.

Worst, THE WORST Husker football I have ever seen in 55 yrs watching and Mike P.O.S. Riley will go down in history for it, whilst enriching himself far beyond what he could ever dream of or ever deserved.

What a scam, is all I gotta say.

Edited by Big Red Commie
  • Plus1 2

On 11/24/2017 at 8:29 PM, Nebraska Alum said:

Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach. Let that thought sink in as we await the news of Riley's firing. Callahan won 55% of his games, while Riley only won 50%. Many of us here warned the day that Riley was hired that he would turn out exactly like that, but our warnings were ignored or scorned. Clearly, this program never should have fired Pelini after a 9-3 season, repeating the same idiotic mistake of firing Solich after going 9-3 in 2003. And now we have just suffered the consequences. &$@*!

all-time instead of modern era

good guy or con artist ???

Edited by Hooked on Huskers
8 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

F U Mike Riley and get your sorry passive aggresive ass the F outta Lincoln and take that p.o s

idiot Diaco with you-and I dont want to hear anymore about his so-called "class" and "how well he`s handled the situation.

Bottom line:  3 years ago Riley and his wife are sitting at their kitchen table in Beaverland, NE calls and its like he won the f`ing lottery.  "He honey, should we ride it out here or go to NE fo a few and triple my income before I retire?"  Wifey likes those huge Husker checks!

He had no intention of getting anything done at NE other than getting much richer before he rides off into the sunset.

Its so pathetic I find it difficult to think about w/o getting furious, with his bulls#!t "nice guy" routine.  Its all been a big scam and Riley`s having the last laugh.

Worst, THE WORST Husker football I have ever seen in 55 yrs watching and Mike P.O.S. Riley will go down in history for it, whilst enriching himself far beyond what he could ever dream of.

This entire post is complete and utter horse s#!t.

• Plus1 6
8 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

F U Mike Riley and get your sorry passive aggresive ass the F outta Lincoln and take that p.o s

idiot Diaco with you-and I dont want to hear anymore about his so-called "class" and "how well he`s handled the situation.

Bottom line:  3 years ago Riley and his wife are sitting at their kitchen table in Beaverland, NE calls and its like he won the f`ing lottery.  "He honey, should we ride it out here or go to NE fo a few and triple my income before I retire?"  Wifey likes those huge Husker checks!

Worst, THE WORST Husker football I have ever seen in 55 yrs watching and Mike P.O.S. Riley will go down in history for it, whilst enriching himself far beyond what he could ever dream of.

Yikes

b35dd785a2e95725471ed9a9f764dd685d48ccb7

• Plus1 2

On 11/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, Coach Power'T said:

This was a terrible attempt at a Bo Pelini apologist post.

F&$% that guy. I can't stand Bo Pelini and the way he acts like a crybaby fool every flipping game.

You'd hate him worse if you were an OC trying to score on him.  Maybe as you carried your destroyed QB off the field.

You don't have to like.  You have to respect.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

You'd hate him worse if you were an OC trying to score on him.  Maybe as you carried your destroyed QB off the field.

You don't have to like.  You have to respect.

Not if I coach for wisconsin ;)

Edited by Husker2019

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

So did Riley and Oregon St. the year Bert hired a new OL coach.  He didn't last long before being fired and later that same year 70-31 happened.  Bo's defense worked in the B12 but not the B1G.

Good enough to get to the CCG.....

I know I know but Carl wasn't there then.  (snickers)

Got no problem that Pelini was fired, antics too much.  

OTOH Rileys only winning season was with Pelini recruits.

And I have no doubt the team would have won more had Pelini been able to have some kind of emotional epiphany.  But he is a big boy who can learn from his mistakes.

Edited by dvdcrr
On 11/25/2017 at 3:44 PM, Frost Advisory said:

Why?  Because he's nice?  His record is lower than Bill's and he was less entertaining to watch.  Bill also had a couple pretty good years with his two bad ones.  Objectively it's Bill>>Mike

'Because he's nice' is a bit needlessly reductive. The answer is because people have different definitions of what constitutes greatness, and for at least some of us, Mike Riley's character, how he embraced this state and program, how he led young men, and a lot of other things that don't show up in a box score, count towards it.

22 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

The only thing pathetic is this post and the mindset that it represents. This football season may be the worst you've seen in 55 years of watching, but your post is the worst and most disgraceful I've seen in my ten years on Huskerboard.

• Plus1 2
23 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

This is closer to the truth for me than the "old ball coach was a really good guy who just forgot how to coach football" bit.

Dang.  If any other state contract failed that bad, and walked away without remuneration there would be a state auditors investigation.

There should be some way to repudiate these exhorbitant contracts.  I.E. you lose X number of games in three years and your payments are null and void.

Edited by dvdcrr
  • Plus1 3