JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

Where Will Woodyard Commit?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Woodyard Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Texas Tech
    • UCF
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • Syracuse
    • Boise State

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Football commits don't mean a thing...Basketball usually does.

With that said, I think you should be able to sign and break that signing anytime you want.  In the end, this is a freaking game...not life and death.  It is like non-compete contracts in business...f#*k that.  

That is the dumbest thing ever. So you think players should be able to leave the school anytime they want? Spring? Fall camp? During the season? s#!t Nebraska would never be able to field a team. Maybe field a team of Nebraska walk-ons. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

With that said, I think you should be able to sign and break that signing anytime you want.  In the end, this is a freaking game...not life and death.  It is like non-compete contracts in business...f#*k that.  

Basketball is weird. Kid gives a verbal and pretty much everyone stops recruiting them. Then again with the scandal that was just revealed, other schools probably just thought they were already under contract.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

That is the dumbest thing ever. So you think players should be able to leave the school anytime they want? Spring? Fall camp? During the season? s#!t Nebraska would never be able to field a team. Maybe field a team of Nebraska walk-ons. 

Yeah...just like a regular student.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Tell us how you really feel Jaron... don't sugar  coat it 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They can leave school anytime they want just like any student. They can even start going to any school they want immediately. 

Right, and that is how it should be and they should be able to start at the next school as soon as the next semester starts.  No sitting out or anything like that.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

They don’t have to sit out of school now. 

School as in also play on the team.  

Just like if a kid with a full ride for being smart transferred...he/she would get to start working on his/her cancer cure at the new school right away with their full ride.  The football player should be able to do the same.  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Just like if a kid with a full ride for being smart transferred...he/she would get to start working on his/her cancer cure at the new school right away with their full ride.  The football player should be able to do the same.  

I think it is good for these kids to have a binding agreement. It teaches them when you commit to things it has consequences. Never in life do you just get to do what you want when you want. Having kids attend 4 different colleges cause they change their mind every year would be a horrible life lesson 

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah kids who go to school for the academics usually don't tend to transfer midway through their college career 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I think it is good for these kids to have a binding agreement. It teaches them when you commit to things it has consequences. Never in life do you just get to do what you want when you want. Having kids attend 4 different colleges cause they change their mind every year would be a horrible life lesson 

Yeah, maybe, you could be right.  

I just like the idea of choice.  

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yeah kids who go to school for the academics usually don't tend to transfer midway through their college career 

That I don't know.  I would guess that the since everyone at college is there for learning (in one way shape or form) that the % is very high of students that transfer.  

I transfered.  

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh...that’s where your idea completely falls apart. 

A chemistry student doesn’t have a team of ten coaches and 100 other players relying on him as a team mate. 

So, according to you, a player on one team should be able to jump ship in the middle of the season to another. If Alabama loses an RB to injury, they could’ve talked Ameer to switch teams in October. 

I would have absolutely no desire to get emotionally invested as a fan. 

Hey, it would free up more time in the fall. 

Sorry, your idea is idiotic. 

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]