JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

Where Will Woodyard Commit?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Woodyard Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Texas Tech
    • UCF
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • Syracuse
    • Boise State

This poll is closed to new votes

On December 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Especially from Wisconsin.

In all seriousness.  The Jet Sweep is a good play.  It's no different than any other pass play, run play, swing pass, option pitch...etc.  If it's set up well and executed well, it's a good play.  What we have seen from the Huskers, is just the opposite.

It can be a good play, a great play when everything comes together. The threat of a jet sweep can be fantastic in itself. One example is offenses that use a lot of zone blocking. Most college teams don't block the backside DE on such plays, so there can be a danger that guy gets crash happy. Jet sweep action can help nullify that while not requiring another big bodied blocker.

28 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Probably has to be considered a soft verbal at this point? Seems like he’s still mostly about Nebraska but that Tennessee has him reconsidering.

i consider everyone that commits a soft verbal and essentially take commitments as naming us the leader. Makes the inevitable decommitments a lot easier and signing day that much sweeter.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

i consider everyone that commits a soft verbal and essentially take commitments as naming us the leader. Makes the inevitable decommitments a lot easier and signing day that much sweeter.

It's very possible he flips IMO. I hope not, but some guys commit to make sure they have a spot. If they keep looking around after having all of this time to do so, it makes you wonder. Nothing with Nebraska is going to change, why commit if you still aren't sure?

This IS the point in the season where coaches recruiting you, start to expect you to shut things down, especially if you are signing on Dec. 20. If you're not shutting it down, then I wouldn't consider you much of a commit.

• Plus1 3
41 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It's very possible he flips IMO. I hope not, but some guys commit to make sure they have a spot. If they keep looking around after having all of this time to do so, it makes you wonder. Nothing with Nebraska is going to change, why commit if you still aren't sure?

This IS the point in the season where coaches recruiting you, start to expect you to shut things down, especially if you are signing on Dec. 20. If you're not shutting it down, then I wouldn't consider you much of a commit.

I mean that's the nice thing about an early signing period. We can ride this one out and not be S.O.L.  I think you have to be more forceful before the next signing day. 

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]