Weird Time for Christians

26 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

As someone posted on the thread - Religion should be a part of the political.  I add that the Political should not be a part of religion.  Both have their function in society, mixing them makes for a mess.  Where most of the signers of the Declaration and the Constitution Christian?  Yes.  But that doesn't mean they wanted to set up a theocracy.  They saw the mix of religion and the political in England.  They wanted a system of government that would be operational for a pluralistic society.  They had great foresight and wisdom in doing so.  All people, religious or non-religious should have a voice in the political marketplace, but if the political marketplace was religious, then there would be only one voice as we have seen in many countries. 

Years ago, I realized that the people I have been screwed by the most in business...I mean royally screwed....are the ones that had their religion square in the middle of everything as prominent as possible.  The ones that the first thing they let you know is how Christian they are.  I was having a conversation with someone about it and my view is, I try to bring the morals from my Christianity to how I do business.  Meaning, I treat people and care about people the way I think Christ would want me to.  I don't need to parade it around all over the office.  I should be showing it by example. 

Politicians should be the same way.  I don't need a politician to constantly tell me what a great Christian they are and that I need to vote for them because they are great Christians...bla bla bla.   Typically, those are the ones that are going to stab you in the back.  And....our government should not be ran by those politicians in a manner that indicates they think their Christianity is above all else.  I need a politician that leads in a manner that, from his/her deeds, makes me think....."yes, they have the morals that I believe Christ would want them to have in how they treat people and view the world."

• Plus1 5

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Years ago, I realized that the people I have been screwed by the most in business...I mean royally screwed....are the ones that had their religion square in the middle of everything as prominent as possible.  The ones that the first thing they let you know is how Christian they are.  I was having a conversation with someone about it and my view is, I try to bring the morals from my Christianity to how I do business.  Meaning, I treat people and care about people the way I think Christ would want me to.  I don't need to parade it around all over the office.  I should be showing it by example. 

Politicians should be the same way.  I don't need a politician to constantly tell me what a great Christian they are and that I need to vote for them because they are great Christians...bla bla bla.   Typically, those are the ones that are going to stab you in the back.  And....our government should not be ran by those politicians in a manner that indicates they think their Christianity is above all else.  I need a politician that leads in a manner that, from his/her deeds, makes me think....."yes, they have the morals that I believe Christ would want them to have in how they treat people and view the world."

:clap:yeah

34 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Christianity has been ruined by politics.  Started with the Edict of Milan.  They should both be mutually exclusive.  

Yes, and look what trump has done to one wing of American Christianity.  Some evangelicals think (figuratively) trump is the savior.  

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, and look what trump has done to one wing of American Christianity.  Some evangelicals think (figuratively) trump is the savior.  

The amount of respect I have lost for people who have said something like that, not exactly like that is incredible.  Trump is a pure depiction of the anti-Christ.  

I used to think along those lines in my younger days.  Read the book, "Blue Like Jazz."  It made me look at things much differently.  

2 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

The amount of respect I have lost for people who have said something like that, not exactly like that is incredible.  Trump is a pure depiction of the anti-Christ.  

I used to think along those lines in my younger days.  Read the book, "Blue Like Jazz."  It made me look at things much differently.  

Yes, I'm familiar with the book.  Our son told us about it many years ago.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

**Thread**

I think we can figure out where Marge got her "national divorce" idea.

This really isn’t surprising. That geographic location has long been that way. He makes it sound as if gobs of people are flocking there, which may be somewhat true, but I don’t think it’s anything to get especially alarmed about. In fact I’m kind of relieved to know that at least some are leaving other areas of the country and taking their backward a$$ Christian Nationalist views with them to reside together in the sticks. It may strengthen their cause in that area but it dilutes it on a national scale. All we have to do is keep them isolated and avoid them.

• TBH 1

seems like we can't access the twitter posts??  :dunno

{"errors":[{"message":"Your current API plan does not include access to this endpoint, please see https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api for more information","code":467}]}
  • 1 month later...