Trump is Racist

2 hours ago, QMany said:

Shame his time got cut off, that list is tenfold.

So let me get this straight.

The republicans add in House rules to prohibit attributing racist statements to the President on the floor of Congress.

A congressman begins to recite statements belonging to the President.

A Republican Congressman stands up and claims the statements are out of order because the statements are racist in nature and it is against the rules to accuse the President of racism.

However, the Republican Congressman doesn't believe the President has made racist statements.

Something about this is just off, logically....

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

So let me get this straight.

The republicans add in House rules to prohibit attributing racist statements to the President on the floor of Congress.

A congressman begins to recite statements belonging to the President.

A Republican Congressman stands up and claims the statements are out of order because the statements are racist in nature and it is against the rules to accuse the President of racism.

However, the Republican Congressman doesn't believe the President has made racist statements.

Something about this is just off, logically....

Welcome to republican logic around Trump. 

The only thing that continues to baffle me is how so many people can’t see through that. 

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.....Trumps father was a member of the KKK. Now I know where Trump gets his racist attitude. 

Oh yea Fred Trump was an absolutely terrible human being. There is a documentary on Trump I watched awhile back and it talked about his upbringing. Fred told little Donald he was a superior race and he was a little king, that others didn't deserve what he did. This racism that Trump displays is at the core of who he is. We already knew this, but seeing where the seeds were planted really drives the point home that this man will never change.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Oh yea Fred Trump was an absolutely terrible human being. There is a documentary on Trump I watched awhile back and it talked about his upbringing. Fred told little Donald he was a superior race and he was a little king, that others didn't deserve what he did. This racism that Trump displays is at the core of who he is. We already knew this, but seeing where the seeds were planted really drives the point home that this man will never change.

I was forced to listen to a Republican opinion guy on the radio the other day, and he was talking about how horrible Rep Omar's dad was as if it was relevant. Guessing he doesn't think this is relevant.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only thing that continues to baffle me is how so many people can’t see through that. 

I read somewhere today that those "rules" about calling the President racist from the floor were voted on and passed after Trumps' election - like they anticipated this.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And it’s bad enough I live with one of them.  I don’t understand how he can’t see what’s going on, plain as the nose on his face.  I also work with one, who bitches non-stop about dems.  (And it wouldn’t matter if it was the other way around, he just non-stop complains about everything, which annoys all or most.). I know *MOST* around him were tired of it, else I might have gotten taken to HR after I finally screamed loudly enough for everyone around me to hear, “OMG, WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE ____ UP!”

edit:  my first post in P&R ... gotta go shower now.  :) 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

And it’s bad enough I live with one of them.  I don’t understand how he can’t see what’s going on, plain as the nose on his face.  I also work with one, who bitches non-stop about dems.  (And it wouldn’t matter if it was the other way around, he just non-stop complains about everything, which annoys all or most.). I know *MOST* around him were tired of it, else I might have gotten taken to HR after I finally screamed loudly enough for everyone around me to hear, “OMG, WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE ____ UP!”

edit:  my first post in P&R ... gotta go shower now.  :) 

Man I feel bad for you. Can't get away from it at home or work! Must be tiring. :bang

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Man I feel bad for you. Can't get away from it at home or work! Must be tiring. :bang

Work guy has ALWAYS been like this - I’ve had enough after 5 years.  My husband has inexplicably started to convert over to being a supporter in about the last year, watching FauxNews night and day.  WTF?!!!  I can deal with it at work (even if I didn’t handle it well this time)... at home, though.  He used to be a sensible person.  Not the brightest bulb, but at least some common sense in there somewhere. It’s all gone now.  I want my shi**y life back, not the nightmare I’ve got now.

17 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Work guy has ALWAYS been like this - I’ve had enough after 5 years.  My husband has inexplicably started to convert over to being a supporter in about the last year, watching FauxNews night and day.  WTF?!!!  I can deal with it at work (even if I didn’t handle it well this time)... at home, though.  He used to be a sensible person.  Not the brightest bulb, but at least some common sense in there somewhere. It’s all gone now.  I want my shi**y life back, not the nightmare I’ve got now.

That sucks. Pretty sure mine will vote for Trump again but he doesn't (usually) subject me to any of it.

I would go straight to HR if people were talking any controversial political stuff near me at work. I've never heard anyone talk politics there though.

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That sucks. Pretty sure mine will vote for Trump again but he doesn't (usually) subject me to any of it.

I would go straight to HR if people were talking any controversial political stuff near me at work. I've never heard anyone talk politics there though.

I’m on the verge of it.  In fact, I was hoping someone would take me to HR about my outburst so I could have a reason to tattle.  No one else will.  No one has a spine where I work, apparently.  It’s not hard to understand that that crap doesn’t belong at work, regardless of position.