Mavric

S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Actually there was discussion about making a Targeting 1 vs. Targeting 2. So it might be more lenient if it's just 15 yards versus ejection. I'm not sure how realistic that talk was and can't remember where I heard it. 93.7 the ticket maybe.

Yeah, I believe I heard that talk too. I meant more along the lines of what's allowed, not necessarily the punishment.

• Plus1 1

He did an interview with USC's Rivals site. He claimed that he just made his final decision on Sunday night and he has not informed the coaches on where he is going. He said he plans to do that on Friday.

He also said Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio State all made late runs at him but he said it was too late. He said he considered a visit to Oklahoma as their commits were in his ear all week at the All American Bowl.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

He did an interview with USC's Rivals site. He claimed that he just made his final decision on Sunday night and he has not informed the coaches on where he is going. He said he plans to do that on Friday.

He also said Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio State all made late runs at him but he said it was too late. He said he considered a visit to Oklahoma as their commits were in his ear all week at the All American Bowl.

Bama, OU, OSU, USC, and Florida. Pretty solid competition for a DB recruit.   If we pull this kid then that would be a pretty impressive pull for Frost and co.

Hope Frost doesn't tell him that if he was his son that he would go to OU.  I wish that was completely beyond the realm of believable, but our last staff tried that one.  It didnt work out well for us either. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

OSU may had been a threat if they offered earlier. He had expressed interest in them, but perhaps also Urban retiring cooled him on them. 

Sits somewhere outside of the rivals top 100. His position will probably be released in the top 250 tomorrow. Somewhat surprised after his performance in the All-American bowl practices.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Sits somewhere outside of the rivals top 100. His position will probably be released in the top 250 tomorrow. Somewhat surprised after his performance in the All-American bowl practices.

Agreed - I thought he may jump into the top 100 as well. 

Just now, bugeater17 said:

Agreed - I thought he may jump into the top 100 as well. 

I can't remember where he was in the previous release, but I'd imagine he's somewhere in the top third of tomorrows. Hopefully.

• Plus1 1

Why is no one on here talking about the fact that it leaked that he has already signed..? 

I don't think we have anything to worry about "if we can get" him. 

Just now, Atbone95 said:

Why is no one on here talking about the fact that it leaked that he has already signed..? 

You just be quiet and let us continue to speculate for no good reason for 3 more days.  It's the offseason,  have you no chill???

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Because you said the sky was falling

9 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

That’s only true....if the leak is true. 

9 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Burnt way to many times with silent commits. Hope the leak is correct.  Just holding off celebrating until I see him grab that hat. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Burnt way to many times with silent commits. Hope the leak is correct.  Just holding off celebrating until I see him grab that hat. 

What he said... chuckleshuffle

4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Yep.  The hat never lies

image.jpeg.1e6bb33a63c000c5516dd8495557c22e.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Dropped two spots to 116. Kind of surprised after the compliments he was getting during the All-American Bowl.

Did he "drop" or did other players make a bigger jump than him?

33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Did he "drop" or did other players make a bigger jump than him?

probably doesn't matter really which reason

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Dropped two spots to 116. Kind of surprised after the compliments he was getting during the All-American Bowl.

Well he committed to NU, so naturally his ranking is going to go down:sarcasm

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NebraskaBison said:

247 says Saturday, January 19, 2019, 7 pm HST (11 pm CT) on CBS.

perfect I have no other sporting events to watch at 11pm CST 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2

Is he announcing before our during the Polynesian Bowl ? What about Pola-Mao? Or Is everyone just wanting to watch the game to scope out the talent levels ? Thanks ! 

5 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Is he announcing before our during the Polynesian Bowl ? What about Pola-Mao? Or Is everyone just wanting to watch the game to scope out the talent levels ? Thanks ! 

I believe it's during, and his cousin will be at a later date. He still has visits after the game.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, SUHperman said:

It will be interesting to see if there are a change of CBs later today based on him informing the coaches of his decision. If not, I would assume all is good for DONU. 

8 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

It will be interesting to see if there are a change of CBs later today based on him informing the coaches of his decision. If not, I would assume all is good for DONU. 

I’m guessing all the coaches already know and he was just saying that to keep the suspense. He’s N. 

• Plus1 1

I mean zero coaches have stopped by to see him....from any school that we know of....perhaps he already signed somewhere? 

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I mean zero coaches have stopped by to see him....from any school that we know of....perhaps he already signed somewhere? 

Also has plans to visit with his cousin.  Sounds like it's already done.

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That is a distinct possibility. 

However, between the dead period and his all-star games, he hasn't exactly been all that available either.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

He has been N for quite some time now....will just be official Saturday 

Praying you're right.. :unsure:

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

He has been N for quite some time now....will just be official Saturday 

did you enter the portal to find this information? 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, NebraskaBison said:

247 says Saturday, January 19, 2019, 7 pm HST (11 pm CT) on CBS.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

perfect I have no other sporting events to watch at 11pm CST 

It's on CBSSN I believe.

All the smoke and mirrors stuff if he really is committed or signed already seems like a lot of work for a under the radar game to announce your commitment.75% of the country will be sleeping when he does his tv announcement. Most will just read about it in the morning 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All the smoke and mirrors stuff if he really is committed or signed already seems like a lot of work for a under the radar game to announce your commitment.75% of the country will be sleeping when he does his tv announcement. Most will just read about it in the morning 

not me! Aloha Bitches 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

I didn't realize we could have 3 of the top 55.  We'll know tomorrow.

Yeah I didn't realize either.  Landing Gates among others would be SO huge.  :bonez