DE Ty Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

112 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Arizona
    • Oregon
    • California
    • USC

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Agreed. Steve Wiltfong is like most 18 year olds.  Unreliable, uninformed, and self important. 

Huh? Kids change their mind all the time when recruited. The experts put in CB’s when they know something. Life isn’t always static. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

1,686 out of 1,888 correct, or 89%. With an average day correct pick of nearly 218 days. Seems unreliable.

I know that whenever I dare criticize the crystal ball stuff that the usual panel of recruiting zealots will show up and defend it to the death, and here we are once again. I’m not trying to stir the pot and shame people for following recruiting. 

In each of these threads you will find posts corresponding to a crystal ball pick coming from someone. Most of them end up being wrong ultimately, and yet the stats remain solid.  

I rarely see people call out these guys for being flat wrong. I see these CBs being taken as truth, and deviations from the CB pick means the ‘kid flaked out’ or ‘something happened’. 

Maybe just maybe, these guys don’t have much information on some of these kids, but they need to make their CB picks regardless to build readership and sell subscriptions. 

My only issue is this:  if the only pick that counts is the last one before we know where a kid is going, then nothing else matters. When Schaefer or Wiltfong ‘drop a CB’ in September, it means next to nothing and will not affect their so-called accuracy percentage when it is ultimately wrong. 

Conversely, it appears there are some members on this board who know more than most about what is going on with particular Husker recruits. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I know that whenever I dare criticize the crystal ball stuff that the usual panel of recruiting zealots will show up and defend it to the death, and here we are once again. I’m not trying to stir the pot and shame people for following recruiting. 

In each of these threads you will find posts corresponding to a crystal ball pick coming from someone. Most of them end up being wrong ultimately, and yet the stats remain solid.  

I rarely see people call out these guys for being flat wrong. I see these CBs being taken as truth, and deviations from the CB pick means the ‘kid flaked out’ or ‘something happened’. 

Maybe just maybe, these guys don’t have much information on some of these kids, but they need to make their CB picks regardless to build readership and sell subscriptions. 

My only issue is this:  if the only pick that counts is the last one before we know where a kid is going, then nothing else matters. When Schaefer or Wiltfong ‘drop a CB’ in September, it means next to nothing and will not affect their so-called accuracy percentage when it is ultimately wrong. 

Conversely, it appears there are some members on this board who know more than most about what is going on with particular Husker recruits. 

Then, why exactly are you even in the recruiting section?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You have no facts to back up your opinion, it's just a thought you've formed in your head.

247 literally tracks accuracy of CB picks that provide real stats on individuals. 

But that's ok, this discussion has been had before and never goes anywhere. Won't change this time, so no use in discussing further. 

If you don't believe in the CB's it seems simple to just disregard and keep scrolling when a post involving one is made. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Probably, because you're assessment is wrong and you don't understand what those early CBs even mean?:dunno

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Ty Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Thanks_Tom RR pinned this topic