Groomsman gift ideas

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You didn't invite all of Huskerboard or at least the mod team? 

giphy.gif

I've been trying to get everyone together for a tailgate the last two seasons. We'll start there. Maybe I'll let you know about the reception if we have more food than guests. 

14 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Engraved money clips are a great thing that will get used.   

Beer stains are kinda frat boyish. 

A personalized flask is a nice thing, if everyone drinks.  

I guess a lot of this is personal opinion and knowing who the gift is for, as neither I nor anyone I know uses a money clip, but most of us use beer steins. But I agree that beer stains are frat boyish.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I guess a lot of this is personal opinion and knowing who the gift is for, as neither I nor anyone I know uses a money clip, but most of us use beer steins. But I agree that beer stains are frat boyish.

I should know I was in a frat. :D  I think I must have had 8-10 beer steins from one party or another at one point.   

That it what they always remind me of when they are engraved or screened with something on them.  My daughter got married a year ago in August her husband gave his groomsmen and ushers beer steins with their names on them.  My 14 year old son has his own beer stein. :ahhhhhhhh

2 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I should know I was in a frat. :D  I think I must have had 8-10 beer steins from one party or another at one point.   

That it what they always remind me of when they are engraved or screened with something on them.  My daughter got married a year ago in August her husband gave his groomsmen and ushers beer steins with their names on them.  My 14 year old son has his own beer stein. :ahhhhhhhh

Yes, but does your son have beer stains?

:lol:

• 5 months later...

Two things:

First, @Huskerzoo, what did you end up settling on? I ended up getting all of my guys these personalized beer steins (they actually loved them because I asked them all to send me a ridiculous photo of themselves that they wouldn't mind somewhat immortalized).

il_570xN.1393322314_ijht.jpg?version=0

Also, I can't believe OP joined Huskerboard only to ask about groomsmen gifts. :lol:

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Two things:

First, @Huskerzoo, what did you end up settling on? I ended up getting all of my guys these personalized beer steins (they actually loved them because I asked them all to send me a ridiculous photo of themselves that they wouldn't mind somewhat immortalized).

il_570xN.1393322314_ijht.jpg?version=0

Also, I can't believe OP joined Huskerboard only to ask about groomsmen gifts. :lol:

I initially hated the idea of beer steins mostly because I still have some of my fraternity days and I've used them almost zero times...on a side note that no one cares about I have way too many glasses.  If I'm not drinking a c$%ktail my de facto glass is a 44oz Buckys cup.

After seeing those steins, those are pretty sweet especially the customized photo part.

My most recent groomsmen gifts were an engraved Yeti cup (always a solid choice, can never have enough Yetis) and a really slick wood watch from Treehut that I get quite a few compliments on when I wear it.