Frost’s QB Room

Frost may do what TO did with his QBs. In blowout wins — not sure how many we will have with the tough schedule N faces — you may see TG play on the first possession in the second quarter if N is rolling against Akron in the first. And TG would likely come back in the fourth if the game is out of reach. Bunch perhaps gets the last possession. In tight games, AM most likely play all four quarters unless he seems to have lost his poise from playing poorly. I just hope the games we lose, we give  the opponents a run for their money. 

6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Fan speculation is benign. I mean, that's kind of the intention of message boards.

They're "discussion boards", not "speculation boards". They're certainly not benign. False speculation spreads like wildfire on the Internet. We are not in some isolated corner of the world here, but part of a much bigger community.

20 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Frost may do what TO did with his QBs. In blowout wins — not sure how many we will have with the tough schedule N faces — you may see TG play on the first possession in the second quarter if N is rolling against Akron in the first. And TG would likely come back in the fourth if the game is out of reach. Bunch perhaps gets the last possession. In tight games, AM most likely play all four quarters unless he seems to have lost his poise from playing poorly. I just hope the games we lose, we give  the opponents a run for their money. 

Frost has to manage the message, keep things from becoming a controversy, but he's well on his way on that. TG will see action, though, and probably meaningful action, not just mop up duty. I'm sure Frost talks about this on Monday. TG is still just a freshman, and despite the AM fanfic being written, neither of these gentlemen have played in a game yet. Their entire careers are ahead of them. TG could end up one of the greatest Huskers of all time, we don't know yet.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, brophog said:

They're "discussion boards", not "speculation boards". They're certainly not benign. False speculation spreads like wildfire on the Internet. We are not in some isolated corner of the world here, but part of a much bigger community.

opinions, just that and nothing more.........sure, it's fun to speculate and have discussions........very few of us "know" anything, except for the coaches and they too want to see live game performance.......false speculation?.........now that's rich!

3 hours ago, brophog said:

Silly us for speculating who QB1 was going to be these last 9 months

• Plus1 4

Fan speculation is managed by the better coaches out there.  I think Frost did a fantastic job of that with the QB competition.  Frost and staff wanted a true competition to drive both candidates.  I believe he got 100% effort our of both- something he may not have gotten had he said from the start that AM was his guy.    

23 hours ago, brophog said:

That's why fans are disrespected. Deservedly so in cases like this. 

Shame on all the fans speculating on a Gebbia transfer.  He must have been reading HB last night and got the idea that he wanted to transfer.  If only we had never brought it up on here, then he would still be on the team.

• Plus1 7

1 minute ago, GSG said:

I think Bunch will be more than serviceable if we need him should something happen to Martinez

Going into the spring game, given his experience, I thought it possible he could become QB1. Martinez was obviously the best QB in the spring game but Bunch played well.  

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is it weird that this looks better than what Riley was going to have going into next year?

Not really. Frost seems to have a much better plan at recruiting QB's that fit what he and Mario are looking for.

I honestly have no concerns about QB moving forward period.

Hopefully good QB play can cover up a less than 'pipeline' OL for a couple more years.

Just now, ScottyIce said:

Not really. Frost seems to have a much better plan at recruiting QB's that fit what he and Mario are looking for.

I honestly have no concerns about QB moving forward period.

Hopefully good QB play can cover up a less than 'pipeline' OL for a couple more years.

They are certainly doing the right thing in taking a QB every year.  It's a must in today's landscape of QB's transferring.