Russia

7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Sad thing is now the mouth breathers in the Cult of Trump will actually believe an ex KGB officer who's killed countless political rivals, used chemical weapons in Syria, flattened Aleppo and Grozny in a reign of terror targeting civilians was up until recently a great guy and "friend".  It couldn't be that Trump identified with Putin and now that the political winds have changed, Trump is trying to rewrite history and his man crush on Vlad.

No Donnie...he's the same guy everyone else in the world knew he was.  You just totally suck at judging people.

4 hours ago, commando said:

purification of society.....wonder where i have heard that before?

I think he was Stalin's long lost son. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe 31 Republicans voted against it.

The party of freedom and democracy strikes again. :sarcasm

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

When it went to the house, 54 Republicans and 15 Democrats voted against it.

Romney says the bill was rushed.

Hmmmm.....OK....this aid is largely military aid.  So....they want us to RUSH into giving them planes that can cause us to directly confront Russia pulling us into the war.  However, when it comes to other military aid......we need to think about it a little. 

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This would be very good news.  I'm concerned with what Ukraine has to agree to.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I also wonder who pays for all of the war damage?   NATO countries should take any seized assets and give it to Ukraine for rebuilding its cities.  If Russia comes out of the peace agreement as a 'winner' or the war is declared a 'tie' so to speak, they won't pay a thing in reparations. 

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I also wonder who pays for all of the war damage?   NATO countries should take any seized assets and give it to Ukraine for rebuilding its cities.  If Russia comes out of the peace agreement as a 'winner' or the war is declared a 'tie' so to speak, they won't pay a thing in reparations. 

I've thought about the same thing.  Russia goes in and basically destroys their cities and infrastructure.  They sign a peace deal and leave without owing anything?

13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

BTW...this bill is for 800 million.

Wasn't it 24 planes we were just going to give in the deal to give MiGs to Ukraine?  Just looked it up, an F-16 costs 35 million.  So, 24 of those would be $840 million.

So.....I don't want to hear any of these people who previously criticized Biden that we aren't just giving planes....turn around and claim the reason they voted against it was because it's too expensive.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wasn't it 24 planes we were just going to give in the deal to give MiGs to Ukraine?  Just looked it up, an F-16 costs 35 million.  So, 24 of those would be $840 million.

So.....I don't want to hear any of these people who previously criticized Biden that we aren't just giving planes....turn around and claim the reason they voted against it was because it's too expensive.

Who owns and pays for the MIG’s?

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We were supposed to replace the MiGs Poland gave them with our planes.  

I’m not following why the US should bear the full cost to replace another countries planes.   Or are they NATO planes?  Genuinely asking as I don’t know, 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because planes were the only thing in the bill?  

Russia would look like a genius of they signed a paper treaty that recognizes territorial gains and removes the teeth of the sanctions.  Keeping UKR out of NATO would be gravy.