Russia

Lest we forget Manafort was Trump's campaign chair who Trump later pardoned.

A Republican-led Senate group found that Manafort was a “grave counterintelligence threat,” according to USA Today. He had longstanding ties to people affiliated with Russian intelligence and had a willingness to share information with them during the 2016 presidential race.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Lest we forget Manafort was Trump's campaign chair who Trump later pardoned.

Sorry--traitors like Manafort and Tucker Carlson should be brought up on charges of treason. Zero excuse for their bull****, and less than zero excuse for the sorry excuses for human beings that enable them. 

• Plus1 3

Thought you'd like to see good news in the fight for the Ukraine:

The farming town of Voznesensk, a town not unlike one you'd see in central Nebraska, banded together to repel a Russian convoy of tanks, heavy armor, and supply trucks, blowing them *all* up in the process after trapping them and blowing up the bridge to the nuclear facility outside town. 

I mean, it sucks they're having to rally around each other among such dire circumstances, but it does warm the heart that it's happening and a group of farmers and townsfolk were able to repel the Russian Army. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/ukrainians-repel-russia-in-battle-for-voznesensk/#x

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60840081

NOTE: I'm trying to find the BBC video, because it had footage from security cameras and the citizens of Voznesensk they took during the actual fight blowing up armor and touring homes where the Russians hid/regrouped in. Wouldn't be shocked if Ukraine asked for it to be pulled because it showed the citizens' faces...

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, I bet he'll have fun there.

Well, if the Hague declares him a war criminal, Indonesia could just arrest him on the spot. They're not part of NATO so you don't have to worry about Indonesia sparking a war, and I'm sure the western powers would (discretely) reward Indonesia handsomely. 

the paranoia is hitting Putin hard...and his general staff is paying for it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10642949/Furious-Putin-begins-witch-hunt-inner-circle-growing-wary-close-allies.html

and for anyone wondering how many casualties would be too many?

But Putin is reportedly more concerned with losses of military hardware - for which he has blamed Gerasimov - than more battlefield casualties.

A toll of 50,000 would be 'nothing compared to the goals that will be achieved after the victory', he is said to have told his commanders.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

I didn't plus one because, well...war

But I was curious and looked it up. The KIA number is roughly the same amount of Russian casualties suffered in the Afghan War, and that lasted 10 years. Total KIA, MIA, injured were +/- 53k so even getting close to that number, in 4 weeks. 

Hopefully someone sees the folly and calls this thing off. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I didn't plus one because, well...war

But I was curious and looked it up. The KIA number is roughly the same amount of Russian casualties suffered in the Afghan War, and that lasted 10 years. Total KIA, MIA, injured were +/- 53k so even getting close to that number, in 4 weeks. 

Hopefully someone sees the folly and calls this thing off. 

Russians may need to add one more to that KIA  :smokin --to be  found in the Kremlin