Russia

8 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Someone here was complaining about this today.  Cleveland has one of the largest Ukrainian populations in the US. My response is great, maybe they will do some work so the restaurants can open back up to regular hours.  That is an issue here.  Nobody wants to work.

Pretty f#&%ed up take. These are people who probably had pretty good jobs in their home county and now are going to have to start scrapping by after they relocate because their former home is a warzone; and your only concern seems to be using them so restaurants have more hours.

• Plus1 5

16 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Someone here was complaining about this today.  Cleveland has one of the largest Ukrainian populations in the US. My response is great, maybe they will do some work so the restaurants can open back up to regular hours.  That is an issue here.  Nobody wants to work.

Thanks for killing families Russia!  Now I might not have to wait 45 minutes for a table to eat my Olive Garden!

:sarcasm

:

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

Pretty f#&%ed up take. These are people who probably had pretty good jobs in their home county and now are going to have to start scrapping by after they relocate because their former home is a warzone; and your only concern seems to be using them so restaurants have more hours.

Oh lighten up Francis, I was diffusing a stupid comment with a sarcastic take.  My take is we should take them regardless.   Their situation is grave and I could never start to understand their plight.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Oh lighten up Francis, I was diffusing a stupid comment with a sarcastic take.  My take is we should take them regardless.   Their situation is grave and I could never start to understand their plight.

Diffuse away then

54042098_005_b?$a15-pdp-detail-shot$&fit

I'm convinced more and more that Russian's long term plan was to plant seeds in the form of useful idiots within the American system of govt, media,

entertainment, & politics.  Amazing how Carlson is so timely on his commentary in a way that helps... Putin.   Trump isn't the only useful idiot in the room (as well as a gaggle of GOP Congressmen/women and Senators). 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tucker-carlson-surprises-no-one-by-parroting-new-russian-conspiracy-theory/ar-AAVtGyE?ocid=entnewsntp

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday parroted Russian propaganda linking Hunter Biden to Ukrainian biolabs that was disseminated by the Kremlin to justify its invasion of Ukraine.

Earlier on Thursday, Russia’s Defense Ministry released a colorful diagram that claims to prove that President Joe Biden’s son was involved in funding a secret U.S. bioweapons plot in Ukraine.

Several commentators predicted the claim would end up on Fox News, where Hunter Biden theories are ever-popular. Julia Davis, a columnist for The Daily Beast who monitors Russian media, suggested it was crafted with hopes of getting a Fox News feature. 

Hours later, it got its shoutout.

Citing a report in the right-wing website National Pulse, Carlson said, ”Apparently a private equity firm run by Hunter Biden funded some of the research into pathogens in these biolabs.”

“What are the outlines of that story? We’re not sure,” he continued. “We know it’s legitimate to ask what it means, why wouldn’t it be? You’re not a Russian agent repeating discredited Putin talking points if you ask. You’re a good citizen.”

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I'm convinced more and more that Russian's long term plan was to plant seeds in the form of useful idiots within the American system of govt, media,

entertainment, & politics.  Amazing how Carlson is so timely on his commentary in a way that helps... Putin.   Trump isn't the only useful idiot in the room (as well as a gaggle of GOP Congressmen/women and Senators). 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tucker-carlson-surprises-no-one-by-parroting-new-russian-conspiracy-theory/ar-AAVtGyE?ocid=entnewsntp

I don't think there's any convincing needed. That's been their plan since the days of the USSR. It's wonderful tactic too because it's useful to them no matter the outcome:

A) They get good press and people are brainwashed into loving them

B) They sow seeds of doubt and distrust throughout everyday life. At best people no longer trust the media and talking heads for information. At worst you have full blown McCarthyism.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....I wonder what the soldiers did after that?  Did they surrender? promote another officer to take his place?  Retreat?

I know he had gotten ran over yesterday. Wonder if he lost too much blood and died sometime between them. Supposedly his legs got completely flattened. 

5 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think for the next month or so...you are not allowed to joke about Ukraine. 

By May you can make all the jokes you want and there will be a new "sensitive" topic.

• Oh Yeah! 1