Russia

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm going to go out in a short limb and guess that the Ukrainians have a pretty good idea where these guys are going to be thanks to some friends outside the conflict. Which begs the question is our intel that good, or are there moles inside the Kremlin.

Sometimes it feels like the back channels in The Sum of All Fears are pretty realistic.

19 minutes ago, commando said:

i think they are not counting chechnians, belerusians, syrians, mercanaries.   only russian soldiers in these numbers.   and visual confirmation of over 1,700 russian vehicles destroyed so far according to oryx.   

and the russians have taken that post down.    we can still see the archives though

A discussion of the Chechens in the Russian army.  

Experts even estimate that non-ethnic Russians (i.e., Russian citizens, but of non-Russian origin) constitute a majority in the army. Coming from less socio-economically well-off federated entities, these members could account for a significant proportion of deaths.

https://theconversation.com/chechens-fighting-in-ukraine-putins-psychological-weapon-could-backfire-179447

1 minute ago, commando said:

russian propaganda network has replied

Oh my god, this is really stranger than fiction now.  

It is going to get to the point where Putin is going to not be feared by Russians but laughed at.  

What is next, are they going to ban the late 80's super hit Red Heat, staring Arnie and Belushi?