Russia

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Invading army taking up defensive positions?

Protective berms are seen around Russian military equipment near Ozera on March 17. Protective berms are seen around Russian military equipment near Ozera on March 17. (Satellite image ©2022 Maxar Technologies)

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-19-22/h_155e2997f0e4db71afe85a410ce456ad

many of the pictures i've been seeing lately are of russian equipment destroyed in those berm protected areas.    drones and artillery have been effective taking them out.    the priority targets are command vehicles, radars, and anti aircraft systems for the drones.    the drone spotted stuff that isn't those priorities are getting artillery strikes called in on them.  and the supply lines are still getting raided pretty hard...but the russians have taken some steps to beef them up

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, commando said:

he does have a lot more troops he can send....and he is doing his best to get belarus to send in their army now also.

Consider the source, but there have been reports that the Belarusian military is starting to object en masse to being deployed to Ukraine. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3437326-belarus-military-refuse-to-fight-against-ukraine.html

Plus, we're starting to hear about "draft dodgers" from Russia fleeing to Turkey, Germany, and Japan (among other countries) to avoid conscription, which is already happening in Russia. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, commando said:

he does have a lot more troops he can send....and he is doing his best to get belarus to send in their army now also.

But for how long can he do that when the death toll keeps piling up and he can no longer suppress the true level of that carnage from his people is what I was getting at?  I don't know the answer but with each passing day he's getting closer to getting the Ceausescu treatment.  Or at least we can hope.

19 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Consider the source, but there have been reports that the Belarusian military is starting to object en masse to being deployed to Ukraine. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3437326-belarus-military-refuse-to-fight-against-ukraine.html

Plus, we're starting to hear about "draft dodgers" from Russia fleeing to Turkey, Germany, and Japan (among other countries) to avoid conscription, which is already happening in Russia. 

i've also read reports that the belarus railway system has been sabotaged by the rail workers to stop russian resupply by rail from belarus.   i wonder if the stooge putin put in power in belarus might be facing a revolution at home for his support of putin?

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

But for how long can he do that when the death toll keeps piling up and he can no longer suppress the true level of that carnage from his people is what I was getting at?  I don't know the answer but with each passing day he's getting closer to getting the Ceausescu treatment.  Or at least we can hope.

putin doesn't care how many die....but their mothers might be a force putin didn't count on.