Russia

I think something gets confused when discussing imports from Russia.

In 2020, Russia only accounted for 3.3% of oil imports.  However, they accounted for 7% of gas imports.  So, I think that's where some people get confused on the numbers.

LINK

This is a very interesting fact.

In 2020, the U.S. exported more petroleum than it imported for the first time since 1949, according to EIA.

Fact is, the oil and gas industry is a very complicated world wide industry.  It's from 2018, but the information is still pertinent today.

LINK

I suggest everyone read this article as it explains why we can't just keep our oil and gas and tell the rest of the world where to stick it.  AND.....I'm sure this has quite a bit to do with why Russian imports rose in 2021 compared to 2020.  It's not the President sitting in the Oval Office deciding.....I would love to buy from Russia more.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If it wasn't bad enough that we ended a 50 year policy of never allowing China and Russia to be closer to each other than to US, we now have Europe not really coming along.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/mar/07/markets-slide-surging-oil-price-stagflation-ftse-russia-sanctions-business-live

You really don't understand history, or geopolitics, or reading things. 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I posted recently about Americans being the most whiny a$$ pussies on Earth.

If you equate wearing a mask during a pandemic with tyranny, or judge the state of the world by your gasoline prices, you are making my case. 

Yep so true.   BTW  the WW2 generation says HI. 

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I posted recently about Americans being the most whiny a$$ pussies on Earth.

If you equate wearing a mask during a pandemic with tyranny, or judge the state of the world by your gasoline prices, you are making my case. 

An extra 20 bucks to fill my tank is a bit of a sticker shock though...

General Kellogg’s opinion: hope it’s true.

“ Every day that goes by, and we're now getting a day 15, they're losing this war. They're... losing in the information space where the entire world to see what's going on. They're losing in the military space. They're being beaten by Ukrainians and the whole world is going ‘what? We thought these guys were really 10 feet tall.' They're not. They're about five point five. It's almost like they're… I hate to say this because I'm probably insulting the state… but it's almost like the Vermont National Guard with nuclear weapons. They're not performing very well at all. Everybody is saying that. Everybody sees it.”

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yep so true.   BTW  the WW2 generation says HI. 

The greatest generation. Proud my parents were part of it. I had hopes for Gen Z , but now I am not so sure.