Russia

3 minutes ago, nic said:

Nope. I was suggesting a post about the atrocity was enough. No need to make it political by referencing Trumps 'Putin is a genius' comments. It takes away from the fact Putin, or his military leadership, targeted that maternity ward on purpose. Pregnant women babies for Christ's sake. The dude is evil, pissed and obviously willing to do anything at this point. Vacuum bombs now too.

People are able to walk and chew gum at the same time. We can be critical of Putin while at the same time be critical of an American political demagogue who fawns over Putin. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nic said:

Nope. I was suggesting a post about the atrocity was enough. No need to make it political by referencing Trumps 'Putin is a genius' comments. It takes away from the fact Putin, or his military leadership, targeted that maternity ward on purpose. Pregnant women babies for Christ's sake. The dude is evil, pissed and obviously willing to do anything at this point. Vacuum bombs now too.

I'm fine with pointing out the leader of the Republican party thinks this is genius.  I can do that at the same time pointing out that Putin is a pathetic horrible human being.  You know...the one that the leader of the party admires.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There have been three excuses offered in the past day in re Polish Migs

• It is impractical to fly them into UKR
  • It is imprudent because it will provoke Russia
  • It is irrelevant because this is largely a ground war.

I had not heard about #4 Nato Technology.  Whichever one you pick, they all point to Biden being 'completely unprepared.  He went public about the impending war before it started but didn't have a plan for allied air support. 

Good Lord. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

More BS from the Lincoln project.    

The Lincoln Project isn't wrong, but I'm not very clear about their end game. 

Some of those Lincoln Project guys were also architects and apologists for the Iraq invasion, where 100,000 civilians died in really unpleasant fashion. 

If they're still Republicans, I'd like to see them fashioning platforms and candidates for the Republican  Party they want to see moving forward. At the moment they're just very skilled Trump-baiters playing to liberals and scoring donations.  

• Plus1 3

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People are able to walk and chew gum at the same time. We can be critical of Putin while at the same time be critical of an American political demagogue who fawns over Putin. 

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine with pointing out the leader of the Republican party thinks this is genius.  I can do that at the same time pointing out that Putin is a pathetic horrible human being.  You know...the one that the leader of the party admires.

If you all want to lie awake at night fretting over Trump feel free. Keep beating the drum if you think it helps. It’s noise to me. Now that his Twitter is gone, I don’t hear his rants anymore. It’s nice, even though I don’t like the Twitter police either. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
37 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The Lincoln Project isn't wrong, but I'm not very clear about their end game. 

Some of those Lincoln Project guys were also architects and apologists for the Iraq invasion, where 100,000 civilians died in really unpleasant fashion. 

If they're still Republicans, I'd like to see them fashioning platforms and candidates for the Republican  Party they want to see moving forward. At the moment they're just very skilled Trump-baiters playing to liberals and scoring donations.  

I think they are shady….plus John Weaver.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/08/us/politics/lincoln-project-weaver.html

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, nic said:

If you all want to lie awake at night fretting over Trump feel free. Keep beating the drum if you think it helps. It’s noise to me. Now that his Twitter is gone, I don’t hear his rants anymore. It’s nice, even though I don’t like the Twitter police either. 

He's the leader of the Republican party and currently the leading candidate for nomination in 2024.  

Yeah....I think his thoughts and what his sheep believe is still important.

• Plus1 5

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's the leader of the Republican party and currently the leading candidate for nomination in 2024.  

Yeah....I think his thoughts and what his sheep believe is still important.

All the more so because Republican voters keep defending him.

"Stop talking about him!" even though his appeasement of Putin directly led to current events. Makes you wonder why they want us to stop bringing him up. 

• Plus1 3

There's nothing graphic about the video, but if you don't like images of war, don't watch. 

A Russian armored column was ambushed near Kyiv. Heavy losses, mostly from artillery and drones. 

Spoiler

This is a rough translation of the conversation:

0.04 connecting

0.05 Udar: Nitro, this is Udar.

0.07 Nitro: Hello.

0.08 Udar: Nitro, this is Udar, listening.

0.11 Nitro: Udar, this is Nitro. I have almost lost the whole sixth regiment

0.14 Udar: what?

0.17 Nitro: sixth regiment... Cant report back yet.. Collecting data... Enourmos losses. We wated. Right inaudible got ambushed. Regiment commander is dead. Trying to reach others.

0.31 Udar: Hold up, when you see the whole situation and have everyone gatherd, report back. Understand??

0.34 Nitro: They shoot from there, with artillery fire. Tanks ... Unmanned, if I understood correctly, the Bayrakters are flying. The rest is lost, I try to find out.

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

All the more so because Republican voters keep defending him.

"Stop talking about him!" even though his appeasement of Putin directly led to current events. Makes you wonder why they want us to stop bringing him up. 

By all means then, bring him up. It probably feels good to vent, anyway. I find the posts about tank columns getting destroyed much more interesting. The Dems should welcome a Trump candidacy in 2024. I think it’s the only way they win the exec office.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

You'd have to have a pretty biased view to believe that Trump's "Putin is a genius" comment takes away from the atrocity. 

But you, biased, no way. 

• Plus1 2