Russia

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, when our intelligence agencies say that Putin is planning to invade and he's building troops on the border, Biden isn't supposed to say Putin is going to invade?

We aren't going to supply air support to Mexico either.  But....Biden is being bad because he's not in the oval office drawing a plan up?

Huh?

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Problem is, in a bad economy, that more than half might slip to slightly less than half. But yeah, it would be wonderful if the Rs found someone who isn’t a half human slimeball.

A less insane Republican is still likely to advance a Republican agenda that has become farther removed from reality, helps fewer people, banks on disinformation, and defies the wishes of a majority of Americans.  There's considerable evidence the GOP has made moves on local and state levels to ignore any election that doesn't go in its favor. 

The closest Republican to Trump was Ted Cruz. The new blood is Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Bobert, Matt Gaetz, and Madison Cawthorne. This doesn't start and end with Trump, it's a dangerously dimwitted and extremist party pulling the levers. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They are absolutely wrong and it’s disgusting to share it.   Please show me where Republicans have said bombing a hospital is genius  or whatever other descriptor they used.  

You do know that historically, bombing civilians is part of Putin's playbook, right?  So calling Putin's invasion genius is includes tactics Russia has used before and is using again.  Bombing civilians is all part of Putin's invasion.  You can't separate that from Putin's "genius" invasion.    I guess the leader of the GOP who said that didn't anticipate Russia bombing civilians.  Maybe that guy never read his Daily Presidential Brief.   I'll post this again since it's straight from the horses a$$ and I'd hate for someone to paper over it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A less insane Republican is still likely to advance a Republican agenda that has become farther removed from reality, helps fewer people, banks on disinformation, and defies the wishes of a majority of Americans.  There's considerable evidence the GOP has made moves on local and state levels to ignore any election that doesn't go in its favor. 

The closest Republican to Trump was Ted Cruz. The new blood is Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Bobert, Matt Gaetz, and Madison Cawthorne. This doesn't start and end with Trump, it's a dangerously dimwitted and extremist party pulling the levers. 

I know it’s not just Trump. That’s why I specifically mentioned half human slimeballs. Trump may be the king of them but he isn’t the only one.

However, my main point was, dems are unlikely to retain the Executive if the economy is not good. It’s just the way it has historically worked.

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This post is a perfect example of the Kilmeade principle Democrats will always accuse the Republicans of things they do themselves. It's simple projection.

He starts by denying that the Biden Admin publicly stated an invasion was coming before it started.  Everyone knows that Biden did exactly that which makes it hard to tolerate the rest of the post. 

Nonetheless  Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

Well even if the plan is to do nothing, or stop at surface to air missiles, then the NATO allies need to know about the plan so they don't get caught with foot in mouth.  While Poland should have cleared it with US first, it sounds like they assumed it was merely a logistical question as to how the US would help them send vitally needed war planes to UKR.  

I'm sorry your man is getting exposed like this because it is also bad for the Ukranian people. But Fortune favors the well prepared, and visa versa. 

You are so far out in the weeds it’s laughable.

First thing you should know is, Biden is not my man. I mean sure, if it’s him or Trump then I choose Biden but I am a former life long republican. It took the trainwreck that is Trump to change that. But I am about the farthest thing you can find from a democrat liberal lefty. Luckily I’m not a brainwashed idiot though. 

As for your renewed ramblings about the war….

izp0tqf.gif?noredirect

• Plus1 6
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, it's a little condescending to call that "venting."  And no, it doesn't feel good. The GOP will likely take over the House and Senate, fueled by candidates pledging loyalty to Trump, and Trump himself. A Trump candidacy in 2024 only means a dangerous strain of ignorance and nationalism continues to thrive, and zero lessons have been learned. 

You really can't underestimate the threat to American democracy at this point in time, and the attempt to forge a MAGA narrative spills over into everything, including Ukraine. It's a pretty big story, Nic. 

Maybe I underestimate Trump, but the common sense part of me says he can’t win 2024, and he is the best hope the Dems have of winning.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You just named four nut bags and a failed candidate. :) I would think DeSantis, Neom, Abbott, Haley, Scott, and others like them that I can’t think of right now might have a better chance. Maybe even Pence. I see him trying to distance from Trump and was at the Ukraine/Poland border today.

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This post is a perfect example of the Kilmeade principle Democrats will always accuse the Republicans of things they do themselves. It's simple projection.

He starts by denying that the Biden Admin publicly stated an invasion was coming before it started.  Everyone knows that Biden did exactly that which makes it hard to tolerate the rest of the post. 

Nonetheless  Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

Well even if the plan is to do nothing, or stop at surface to air missiles, then the NATO allies need to know about the plan so they don't get caught with foot in mouth.  While Poland should have cleared it with US first, it sounds like they assumed it was merely a logistical question as to how the US would help them send vitally needed war planes to UKR.  

I'm sorry your man is getting exposed like this because it is also bad for the Ukranian people. But Fortune favors the well prepared, and visa versa. 

What all of this tells me is it is just too tortuous for a red-dead R to admit Joe Biden has done a pretty good job reading public sentiment and handling this situation with regards to how it affects us within the constrains our of political system.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

If you’ll show us where Trump, the current leader of the Repub party, has denounced Putin or his bombing of hospitals and innocent civilians. Deal?

BTW, “they” didn’t use the genius descriptor. Trump is the one that used that. 

Why should I do that when a) it doesn’t address what the Douche Project posted and b) I haven’t tried to justify anything Trump said about Russia.  Maybe try someone who has.  

BTW… cool.   Glad you were able to point that out.  Again, tell that to someone who is defending Trumps response to Russia.  They may actually care.  

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

What all of this tells me is it is just too tortuous for a red-dead R to admit Joe Biden has done a pretty good job reading public sentiment and handling this situation with regards to how it affects us within the constrains our of political system.

You want to be specific about how Biden is 'handling the situation.'  I'll give him a check on reading public sentiment since it is unanimous against Russian invasion.  However I can't see that Biden is getting it done. 

1 hour ago, nic said:

This flew over my head. :waste

When Stalin was asked what role Pope Pius XII should have in the post WWII Europe, Stalin answered, The Pope?  How many divisions does he have?