Russia

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

He talks about holding back money for Ukraine which would include humanitarian aid.  Then one looks at the the picture of Jesus in the background.  I can almost hear the picture speaking back:  “Woe to you, [self-righteous] scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which look beautiful on the outside (Ok he doesn't), but inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean." Matt 23:27 

Is that Bannon? That dude was always scary. Don’t let picture fool you. Also looks like he is about kick the bucket. 

41 minutes ago, nic said:

My high school kids complain about gas prices a lot. Even when prices were in the 3s. I don’t buy their gas for them. My son was just commenting about how his bank account stopped going up. He is basically working part time for gas. Maybe they will ride their bikes more this summer. 

Kids have always complained about buying their own gas. Understandable, It’s usually one of their first ongoing expenses.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I posted recently about Americans being the most whiny a$$ pussies on Earth.

If you equate wearing a mask during a pandemic with tyranny, or judge the state of the world by your gasoline prices, you are making my case. 

Sick burn!

Extra points for referencing yourself...It makes it feel extra important :)

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, nic said:

Is that Bannon? That dude was always scary. Don’t let picture fool you. Also looks like he is about kick the bucket. 

The f#&%ing has always been a piece of s#!t and anyone who voted for trump twice needs to really examine their decision making based on this decision alone. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

It's not--it's that Russia is trying to do what Trump routinely does--pick an acceptable reaction you know your opponent will use (or project your own actions onto your opponent), claim it's an act of escalation, and threaten retaliation if it's implemented. 

In this case, Russia has said if we give Ukraine planes, it's an act of escalation, and Russia has already readied their nuclear personnel and threatened they could come into play. It's why Poland (via Germany) will give them their own MiGs, and the US will backfill with F-16s. 

There have been three excuses offered in the past day in re Polish Migs

• It is impractical to fly them into UKR
  • It is imprudent because it will provoke Russia
  • It is irrelevant because this is largely a ground war.

I had not heard about #4 Nato Technology.  Whichever one you pick, they all point to Biden being 'completely unprepared.  He went public about the impending war before it started but didn't have a plan for allied air support. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There have been three excuses offered in the past day in re Polish Migs

• It is impractical to fly them into UKR
  • It is imprudent because it will provoke Russia
  • It is irrelevant because this is largely a ground war.

I had not heard about #4 Nato Technology.  Whichever one you pick, they all point to Biden being 'completely unprepared.  He went public about the impending war before it started but didn't have a plan for allied air support. 

WTF are you babbling about?

This whole Poland Mig deal has absolutely nothing to do with the US/Biden being “prepared”.

Biden went “public” about the pending war before it started? That is about the silliest thing I’ve read in awhile. Putin went public by massing his war machine along the border.

And your last extremely confusing brain fart; Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

This whole post of yours is nothing more than a field of straw men and fabricating something to complain about Biden. What you posted is completely stupid. Every. Word.

• Plus1 8

14 hours ago, Enhance said:

He's already setting up the opportunity to disregard whatever "facts" he deems necessary.

Obviously, we don't just want to shell out money to shell out money, but there are many tangible facts we can look at right now to support financial aid in certain sectors. Naturally, I don't think the U.S. should be the only one on the hook for that, but they likely wouldn't be with their NATO allies.

I wonder which "facts" he thinks he needs to see before it's worth it. Maybe his full segment elaborates, but I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's talking about the far right wing conspiracy theory going around claiming the Russians attacked the Ukraine to snuff out Fauci's biolabs.  

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/03/02/ukraine-biolabs-conspiracy-theory-qanon/

Yeah, just to head off the revisionist history that the spokesman for the Republican Party didn't claim Putin's invasion as "savvy", "genius", "wonderful" and that Putin's troops will be "peacekeepers" and we need something like this on our southern border, this needs to be reposted.

Also, let's not pretend that Trump isn't the spokesman for the Republican Party.  All the Republicans who are breaking their ankles jumping off the Putin bandwagon could have done so earlier by speaking out on Trump's extortion attempt with his "perfect phone call" to Zelensky.   

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

So you weren't calling out Lincoln Project?

Nope. I was suggesting a post about the atrocity was enough. No need to make it political by referencing Trumps 'Putin is a genius' comments. It takes away from the fact Putin, or his military leadership, targeted that maternity ward on purpose. Pregnant women babies for Christ's sake. The dude is evil, pissed and obviously willing to do anything at this point. Vacuum bombs now too.

• Plus1 1