Russia

3 minutes ago, nic said:

By all means then, bring him up. It probably feels good to vent, anyway. I find the posts about tank columns getting destroyed much more interesting. The Dems should welcome a Trump candidacy in 2024. I think it’s the only way they win the exec office.

No, because there's too many Republican sheep for Trump that can't see that he's always been a complete fraud.

2 minutes ago, nic said:

By all means then, bring him up. It probably feels good to vent, anyway. I find the posts about tank columns getting destroyed much more interesting. The Dems should welcome a Trump candidacy in 2024. I think it’s the only way they win the exec office.

Yeah, it's a little condescending to call that "venting."  And no, it doesn't feel good. The GOP will likely take over the House and Senate, fueled by candidates pledging loyalty to Trump, and Trump himself. A Trump candidacy in 2024 only means a dangerous strain of ignorance and nationalism continues to thrive, and zero lessons have been learned. 

You really can't underestimate the threat to American democracy at this point in time, and the attempt to forge a MAGA narrative spills over into everything, including Ukraine. It's a pretty big story, Nic. 

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, nic said:

If the economy (inflation) doesn’t drastically improve, absolutely nothing is going to cause the dems to hang on to the executive. This is why it is important to continually point out Trumps flaws. As of right now he is the most likely Repub candidate. It would be really swell if he (or any of his clones) wasn’t.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The Lincoln Project isn't wrong, but I'm not very clear about their end game. 

Some of those Lincoln Project guys were also architects and apologists for the Iraq invasion, where 100,000 civilians died in really unpleasant fashion. 

If they're still Republicans, I'd like to see them fashioning platforms and candidates for the Republican  Party they want to see moving forward. At the moment they're just very skilled Trump-baiters playing to liberals and scoring donations.  

They are absolutely wrong and it’s disgusting to share it.   Please show me where Republicans have said bombing a hospital is genius  or whatever other descriptor they used.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

All the more so because Republican voters keep defending him.

"Stop talking about him!" even though his appeasement of Putin directly led to current events. Makes you wonder why they want us to stop bringing him up. 

It actually didn’t. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If the economy (inflation) doesn’t drastically improve, absolutely nothing is going to cause the dems to hang on to the executive. This is why it is important to continually point out Trumps flaws. As of right now he is the most likely Repub candidate. It would be really swell if he (or any of his clones) wasn’t.

Off topic I know, but it'd be pretty stupid to run Trump again. A republican with less baggage probably wins easy in 2024. Trump will drive people to the polls because more than half the country can't stand the SOB. 

• Plus1 4
22 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Off topic I know, but it'd be pretty stupid to run Trump again. A republican with less baggage probably wins easy in 2024. Trump will drive people to the polls because more than half the country can't stand the SOB. 

Problem is, in a bad economy, that more than half might slip to slightly less than half. But yeah, it would be wonderful if the Rs found someone who isn’t a half human slimeball.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They are absolutely wrong and it’s disgusting to share it.   Please show me where Republicans have said bombing a hospital is genius  or whatever other descriptor they used.  

If you’ll show us where Trump, the current leader of the Repub party, has denounced Putin or his bombing of hospitals and innocent civilians. Deal?

BTW, “they” didn’t use the genius descriptor. Trump is the one that used that. 

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

WTF are you babbling about?

This whole Poland Mig deal has absolutely nothing to do with the US/Biden being “prepared”.

Biden went “public” about the pending war before it started? That is about the silliest thing I’ve read in awhile. Putin went public by massing his war machine along the border.

And your last extremely confusing brain fart; Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

This whole post of yours is nothing more than a field of straw men and fabricating something to complain about Biden. What you posted is completely stupid. Every. Word.

This post is a perfect example of the Kilmeade principle Democrats will always accuse the Republicans of things they do themselves. It's simple projection.

He starts by denying that the Biden Admin publicly stated an invasion was coming before it started.  Everyone knows that Biden did exactly that which makes it hard to tolerate the rest of the post. 

Nonetheless  Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

Well even if the plan is to do nothing, or stop at surface to air missiles, then the NATO allies need to know about the plan so they don't get caught with foot in mouth.  While Poland should have cleared it with US first, it sounds like they assumed it was merely a logistical question as to how the US would help them send vitally needed war planes to UKR.  

I'm sorry your man is getting exposed like this because it is also bad for the Ukranian people. But Fortune favors the well prepared, and visa versa. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If you’ll show us where Trump, the current leader of the Repub party, has denounced Putin or his bombing of hospitals and innocent civilians. Deal?

BTW, “they” didn’t use the genius descriptor. Trump is the one that used that. 

https://kfor.com/news/washington-dc-bureau/cong-cawthorn-calls-zelensky-a-thug-ukrainian-government-evil-in-video/

(The Hill) – Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) called Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky a “thug” and the Ukrainian government “evil” in a video obtained and published by North Carolina affiliate WRAL amid the ongoing Russian invasion.

“Remember that Zelenskyy is a thug,” Cawthorn said in the recording. “Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies.”

On Wednesday, Cawthorn was one of only 17 representatives who voted against banning Russian oil as further punishment for Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine, which has been forcefully condemned by both Republicans and Democrats.

Russia’s government have been pushing false claims about the Ukrainian government and Zelensky, calling them neo-Nazis and drug dealers in an attempt to justify their aggression. The Kremlin is using these lies to portray themselves as the hero of a war they are fighting to liberate the people of Ukraine. 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They're half right and it's less disgusting than the act itself, or the tortured justifications many Republicans are using to fit Trump's ramblings into their own anti-Biden version of everything.

Remember, we've had Fox News, Donald Trump, and multiple elected Republicans gush over Putin's alpha dog leadership for years. But this is who Putin is and what he does. It's who he's always been. I have no problem throwing footage of a bombed maternity hospital in the face of the gang at Fox & Friends. 

Again, I'd also have no trouble throwing footage of a dead Iraqi wedding party in the face of the ex-Bush operatives at The Lincoln Project. 

Video fun:  here's Donald Trump being asked about the Ukraine situation, then taking a bizarre left turn into his obsession over windmills. Unrelated? Not as long as he's the face of the Republican Party, and the party refuses to publicly admit he's insane. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This post is a perfect example of the Kilmeade principle Democrats will always accuse the Republicans of things they do themselves. It's simple projection.

He starts by denying that the Biden Admin publicly stated an invasion was coming before it started.  Everyone knows that Biden did exactly that which makes it hard to tolerate the rest of the post. 

Nonetheless  Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

Well even if the plan is to do nothing, or stop at surface to air missiles, then the NATO allies need to know about the plan so they don't get caught with foot in mouth.  While Poland should have cleared it with US first, it sounds like they assumed it was merely a logistical question as to how the US would help them send vitally needed war planes to UKR.  

I'm sorry your man is getting exposed like this because it is also bad for the Ukranian people. But Fortune favors the well prepared, and visa versa. 

So, when our intelligence agencies say that Putin is planning to invade and he's building troops on the border, Biden isn't supposed to say Putin is going to invade?

We aren't going to supply air support to Mexico either.  But....Biden is being bad because he's not in the oval office drawing a plan up?

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Problem is, in a bad economy, that more than half might slip to slightly less than half. But yeah, it would be wonderful if the Rs found someone who isn’t a half human slimeball.

Seems like if the D's are busy beating themselves, don't give them a reason to show up in the polls. I could definitely be wrong though. 

• Plus1 1