Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

8 minutes ago, NUinID said:

If you know anything about football and DB coverage you should know that if you are in 2 deep than the corners should be in man.  A safety should never be coming over to pick up that guy running up the sideline by himself. It is almost impossible for him to get to that outside receiver.  He has deep middle and help up the sideline.  That guy should have been covered with O'Hanlon coming over.  Yes he was too shallow, but it wasn't his fault BP even said as much.  

Not necessarily true; you're talking about 2-Man, and this looks like a straight Cover 2. The underneath defenders all bump their first reads, but then pass them off to other zones; the CB at the top bumps and has flat responsibility (watch as he hands the WR off to cover the RB coming out of the backfield). That might be West's initial mistake; he seems to be misaligned at the beginning of the play and is too deep to bump his man, giving the WR a free release down the sideline into O'Hanlon's zone. 

Edited by Cdog923

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Add one more to my list: Colt McCoy and '06 Texas. That was a magical game, and the fact that he drove right down and beat us after the Lucky-to-Swift TD was heartbreaking. 

You can thank Terrance Nunn for fumbling when he had a for sure first down to seal the game.  Gave Texas the ball already in FG range.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

TRIGGER WARNING: 

I don't necessarily want to argue scheme either, but it looks like 2 deep zone; O'Hanlon's got his back completely turned to the outside receiver to watch any middle-passing routes. However, the only route that comes into his area is the Go that the outside receiver runs; the TE cuts an inside route off at 10, and it looks like an Out/Slant combo at the top of the formation. 

Did he catch the guy? Sure. If he would have stayed deep as the deepest, the guy wouldn't have been open in the first place. 

Watching that video was really painful!!  It really CHAPS ME

• Plus1 1

TRIGGER WARNING: 

I don't necessarily want to argue scheme either, but it looks like 2 deep zone; O'Hanlon's got his back completely turned to the outside receiver to watch any middle-passing routes. However, the only route that comes into his area is the Go that the outside receiver runs; the TE cuts an inside route off at 10, and it looks like an Out/Slant combo at the top of the formation. 

Did he catch the guy? Sure. If he would have stayed deep as the deepest, the guy wouldn't have been open in the first place. 

raw

• Plus1 1

TRIGGER WARNING: 

It looks like both the corner and O’Hanlon had their eyes on the QB or what was happening around the LOS and paid little attention to the receiver. Maybe they were coached to contain Taylor’s running as first priority. If Bo said it wasn’t O’Hanlon’s fault I suspect something like that. I didn’t look too deep to see how much of a running threat Taylor was but he had a 46 yard run against Marshall in previous game. He had (-) rushing in that game.  It also looks like the DL were doing the dancing bear QB contain routine that Bo made famous giving the QB all kinds of time.