*****Official 2018-2019 College Football Thread*****

GSG

16 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I don't know...the blowout against Michigan is huge indeed, but if OU beats Texas in the title game rematch, they will have beaten every team on their schedule. OU's one loss to Texas by 3 points does not look nearly as bad as OSU's blowout loss to Purdue. And OSU and OU have one common opponent in TCU, which OU defeated more convincingly. At this point, I would put Oklahoma in the playoff over OSU.

I forgot about that somehow. I change my vote, OU would get in.

SEC can get two teams in.  Georgia beats Alabama in a close CCG.  Both teams make the CFP because Alabama has been dominant all season and are the best 1 loss team and you can't exclude the team that beat Alabama.  Also, SEC!  Rankings are

1) Clemson

2) Notre Dame

3) Alabama

4) Georgia

:bang

On 11/25/2018 at 6:33 PM, Lonestar_Husker said:

LSU got screwed worse than Nebraska in College Station. Illegal formation on the spike should have been a run off, not a put 1 second back on.

They had 7 overtimes to right the wrong. I wouldnt call that getting screwed

On 11/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, 4skers89 said:

SEC can get two teams in.  Georgia beats Alabama in a close CCG.  Both teams make the CFP because Alabama has been dominant all season and are the best 1 loss team and you can't exclude the team that beat Alabama.  Also, SEC!  Rankings are

1) Clemson

2) Notre Dame

3) Alabama

4) Georgia

:bang

https://sports.yahoo.com/unpacking-every-possible-outcome-three-224238513.html

The Doomsday Dawgs Scenario

SEC championship: Georgia beats Alabama.
Big 12 championship: Doesn’t matter.
Big Ten championship: Doesn’t matter.

What the committee might do: It’ll make Alabama No. 4, and none of this debate will mean anything. This would force the leaders of the Big 12 and Big Ten to seriously consider their access to the playoff. The Pac-12 already should be, but it also has other issues.

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

The Doomsday Dawgs Scenario

SEC championship: Georgia beats Alabama.
Big 12 championship: Doesn’t matter.
Big Ten championship: Doesn’t matter.

What the committee might do: It’ll make Alabama No. 4, and none of this debate will mean anything. This would force the leaders of the Big 12 and Big Ten to seriously consider their access to the playoff. The Pac-12 already should be, but it also has other issues.

Yeah, I almost have to cheer for Alabama this weekend just so that doesn't happen.  Almost.

Saw this one on Twitter which is basically my only hope at this point:

• Alabama beats Georgia
  • Texas beats Oklahoma
  • Northwestern beats Ohio State
  • UCF beats Memphis

That would leave Alabama (13-0), Clemson (13-0) and Notre Dame (12-0) and UCF (12-0) as the only undefeated teams.  The next group (Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Michigan) would all have two losses.  Would the committee leave an undefeated conference champion out in favor of a two-loss non-conference champ?

But then I cheering for both Alabama and Texas which means I should just quit being a college football fan....

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I almost have to cheer for Alabama this weekend just so that doesn't happen.  Almost.

• Alabama beats Georgia
  • Texas beats Oklahoma
  • UCF beats Memphis

That would leave Alabama (13-0), Clemson (13-0) and Notre Dame (12-0) and UCF (12-0) as the only undefeated teams.  The next group (Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Michigan) would all have two losses.  Would the committee leave an undefeated conference champion out in favor of a two-loss non-conference champ?

But then I cheering for both Alabama and Texas which means I should just quit being a college football fan....

The committee would find a way to keep UCF out. 

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

• Alabama beats Georgia
  • Texas beats Oklahoma
  • UCF beats Memphis

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-happens-if-alabama-loses-what-if-every-favorite-wins-we-have-answers/?yptr=yahoo

Careful what you wish for.  You might get Texas in the playoff.

Alabama and Clemson win; Oklahoma and Ohio State lose.

Chances of happening: 4 percent
Likely playoff field: Alabama (>99 percent), Clemson (>99), Notre Dame (98) and … ???
Others: Texas (31 percent), Georgia (29), UCF (23), Washington (12), Ohio State (5)

Most of the scenarios on this list involve too many good teams for too few slots. But in this particular case, there wouldn’t be enough. The committee would be staring at three clear-cut deserving squads, plus a whole bunch of flawed lower-tier teams in the mix for the fourth and final bid. Our model actually thinks three-loss (!) Texas would be the most likely candidate, though this is also one of UCF’s best, most viable paths to that elusive playoff berth.

They also think Alabama is out if they lose.  This doesn't make much sense because Notre Dame is out.

Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State win; Alabama loses.

Chances of happening: 19 percent
Likely playoff field: Clemson (>99 percent), Georgia (98), Ohio State (66), Oklahoma (62)
Others: Notre Dame (60 percent), Alabama (13)

This is the combination the selection committee has to be fearing the most, in part because it could happen so easily. It would simply require the Tigers, Sooners and Buckeyes winning a trio of games as favorites, and Georgia pulling off a not-unthinkable upset against the Tide for the SEC crown. Remember, the Bulldogs were in great shape for about a half in last year’s national championship game — before Bama stormed back to force overtime and eventually win. If UGA avenges that loss on Saturday, the committee would have a very tricky choice on its hands.

7 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Oklahoma and Ohio State win; Alabama loses.

Chances of happening: 19 percent
Likely playoff field: Clemson (>99 percent), Georgia (98), Ohio State (66), Oklahoma (62)
Others: Notre Dame (60 percent), Alabama (13)

This is the combination the selection committee has to be fearing the most, in part because it could happen so easily. It would simply require the Tigers, Sooners and Buckeyes winning a trio of games as favorites, and Georgia pulling off a not-unthinkable upset against the Tide for the SEC crown. Remember, the Bulldogs were in great shape for about a half in last year’s national championship game — before Bama stormed back to force overtime and eventually win. If UGA avenges that loss on Saturday, the committee would have a very tricky choice on its hands.

I don't buy this one.  In that scenario it would be Clemson, Notre Dame, Georgia and Alabama