Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm squarely in the 58%. I would absolutely love an Independent President.

Agree 1000%.    Let's get to ranked voting also - maybe that is another way to beat the current system.   The current system seems to always have one choice: Between the lessor of 2 evils - well at least the last 2 election cycles have been.  Obama/Romney, or Obama/McCain had individuals from both sides who were qualified and decent human beings.  2020 - one evil guy and one older fart.  2016 - two evil people

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I think we've solved America's problem, folks. 

We'll let Republicans vote. We just won't count them. Seems legit!

It was more tongue in cheek...

But I think you've hit on the solution. Whoever controls the voting tally wins!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This has to stop...or we will keep getting Sleepy Joe, H. Clinton and tRump to choose from 

We can dispense with the false equivalency.

Only one of those names actively attempted to overthrow Democracy, presided over a pandemic where his political party peddled nonsense during a global pandemic resulting in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands, and will be known as an international and historical embarrassment. All of that in his last 6 months in office. 

Let's not act like Hillary or Joe, as annoying as they are, should even remotely be considered in the same ballpark as Trump.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

We can dispense with the false equivalency.

Only one of those names actively attempted to overthrow Democracy, presided over a pandemic where his political party peddled nonsense during a global pandemic resulting in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands, and will be known as an international and historical embarrassment. All of that in his last 6 months in office. 

Let's not act like Hillary or Joe, as annoying as they are, should even remotely be considered in the same ballpark as Trump.

Well, that's low hanging fruit. 

My point is that I personally, and many others, have not had a candidate I could get behind for the past 2 Preidential elections. And we see what the Congressional candidate pool looks like...I think it is because of the apathy I linked in the tweet.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

My point is that I personally, and many others, have not had a candidate I could get behind for the past 2 Preidential elections. And we see what the Congressional candidate pool looks like...I think it is because of the apathy I linked in the tweet.

Agree. The last two cycles have been pretty pathetic with the final candidates. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This is 100% due to low participation in the primaries, not the general. 

• Plus1 3