Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

On 12/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, Archy1221 said:

Keep in mind who Elias was associated with during the sham Russia hoax whenever someone posts about trying to overturn democracy.  

sham russian hoax.   LOL      and also keep in mind...elias is quoting the AP....not saying that himself.   i am sure he agrees with it as do i as i can clearly see a big part of the current republican party trying to do exactly that 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is how Republicans are trying to steal the country. 

Welcome to minority rule, everyone. 

One thing to note is that, even without this, we're still going to live under prolonged minority rule for the foreseeable future. I doubt Democrats will be particularly effective at building governing coalitions, specifically in the Senate, for decades.

But moves like these make it all the worse. We're sort of doomed, and the voting rights laws being discussed do not go far enough to curb it in the unlikely event they pass. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This thread says it pretty well.

More to ready if you click on it.

Good perspective and good articulation of something I've always felt. I'm a progressive person at heart, not by political ideology but by always being interested in progress. Some things I progress into seem like the best versions, so I stay there and hold onto those.

Ideologues are exhausting to dive deep into the issues with, because they're so boringly predictable. I see this fairly equally across sides of the aisle when I make the mistake of scrolling facebook too long.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...