Huskers Add Former UCF Starting Safety Tre Neal As Grad Transfer

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Ditto. Heupel is better (unlikely). Shannon is better (possibly). 10 wins is the worst case scenario (not seeing it).

I don't think they'll be bad, but I think they have some tough mental aspects to overcome. Going undefeated then losing your coaches just doesn't sound very motivating for a good next season to me.

Overall the board is a cesspool and the Husker fans posting for the most part are trolls and/or morons. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, theknife said:

Overall the board is a cesspool and the Husker fans posting for the most part are trolls and/or morons. 

Agree with that.

I do however kinda miss having a fan base come here and trash talk us. It almost never happens. Last time it happened was the Washington Huskies fans before our first recent game against them.

So it'a kinda entertaining to read the UCF forums occasionally.

The lesson here is we need to start kicking ass again instead of being a doormat. That might bring more opposing fans here.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Agree with that.

I do however kinda miss having a fan base come here and trash talk us. It almost never happens. Last time it happened was the Washington Huskies fans before our first recent game against them.

So it'a kinda entertaining to read the UCF forums occasionally.

The lesson here is we need to start kicking ass again instead of being a doormat. That might bring more opposing fans here.

I read them too, lol. Mikesi is so insufferable, but entertaining, I can't help but watch. 

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

I enjoy the prevailing narrative over there that UCF's dramatic turnaround had little to do with Frost.

If you can convince yourself of that, you can convince yourself of anything.

Frost is great because of Milton, Frost would’ve lost 3-4 games last year without Milton. Oh wait, Frost recruited Milton. 

I got a chuckle out of this article about Heupel. Like speed = better offense. Sometimes that just means a faster 3 and out...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-spring-game-mike-bianchi-0422-story.html

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, JimmyBuckets said:

Frost is great because of Milton, Frost would’ve lost 3-4 games last year without Milton. Oh wait, Frost recruited Milton. 

Milton chose UCF specifically to play for Frost, after de-commtting from Hawaii. The story isn't in the recruiting, though, it's the development. Despite playing in the same offense, throwing the relatively the same volume, and with mostly the same players, his numbers from year 1 to year 2 skyrocket. 

FR Att 336 PCT 57.7 Y/A 5.9 

SO Att 395 PCT 67.1 Y/A 10.2

There is always that question of how much was player vs coach in a success/failure story. In this case, I think it's clear that the development of the player had a ton to do with it. Heupel will reap the benefits of the training Milton received by Frost and his staff. I hope them the best both as a team and Milton individually in hopes he can go to the next level. 

9 hours ago, desertshox said:

wonder if they realize if heupel is as good or better than frost, he most likely wont be there for year 3 and then they get a new favorite team to bitch about.

This is a good thought.  So true. 

The question in my mind is  ... will UCF become a resting place for a great coach or the "stepping stone" school for the up and coming great coach.

In my mind, UCF was in a place TCU was at years back.  They are both in locations that are hotbeds and if they could ever get a coach to stay around the potential was great.  Now TCU is really a staple and model of a solid program being recognized by getting added to the Big XII.

If Frost stayed at UCF the trajectory in my mind was that he would build UCF into a power perhaps even greater than TCU and be there for a career and become a legend for that school.

I actually believe that a coach like Heupel can make good roots there and do quite well.  I'm not a fan of trolling or being trolled.  Really hate that from any fan base ... but Heupel, to me, is gonna be a really good coach and can take the reigns and keep UCF at the top of that conference and be better than even a Boise State because of the hotbed of recruiting it exists in along with how well they do academically.  If Heupel wants to build a legacy and a top program he has the coaching and resources to accomplish all that.

I will continue to root for UCF.  If anything, it takes away a bit from Florida, Florida State and the dreaded school known as Thug U.

Pass

• Plus1 3

To further derail the thread - 

Who was the last coach to use Nebraska as a stepping stone?

Every coach in my life time has either retired or fired.

Yost? Steihm? Bible? Are the only three off the top of my head that left Nebraska on their own to go to another school. Maybe the coach of the 1941 Rose Bowl team?

2 minutes ago, huKSer said:

To further derail the thread - 

Who was the last coach to use Nebraska as a stepping stone?

Every coach in my life time has either retired or fired.

Yost? Steihm? Bible? Are the only three off the top of my head that left Nebraska on their own to go to another school. Maybe the coach of the 1941 Rose Bowl team?

Are you trying to jinx us or something? Now Frost will get hired by the Dallas Cowboys in 2025. Thanks a lot.

• Plus1 3