Huskers to Have Area Codes on Helmets

2 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

The helmets have had those rubber toy looking things for “Huskers” for a couple years now; I don’t recall ever seeing any letters missing. So, they should be pretty alright as far as adhesiveness goes.

It still looks goofy.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I didn't really remember them.

I don't mind those so bad - probably because they're smaller to fit "HUSKERS" across there.

• Plus1 1

Honestly, it looks like a kid is getting ready for a math quiz on a white board with plastic toy numbers. It worked for UCF. Kinda silly for Nebraska. I'm not in favor of tweaks of any kind to the helmets. It's like if Penn State added their Nittany Lion logo to theirs or Michigan ditched the striped helmets or Notre Dame removed "IRISH" from the front and back bumpers. 

I know it's a minor tweak. I prefer it over helmet stickers but I don't know. Just looks strange.

18 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh, nice. 

I think my daughter's use the same foam lettering when decorating their Valentine's Day card boxes for school.

Just read this after I posted sort of the same thing, lol except to me they look like little toddler numbers on a whiteboard.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Needs to at least be a different font.  I think I would have liked a flat sticker better with the numbers in something more like the Block N or at least with a black outline or something.

I was about to respond to this saying that those numbers are the same official font that we use for our 'N' and all of our 'NEBRASKA' and 'HUSKERS' branding, but then I double checked and they actually aren't. I guess they're the same font as the number decals we put on the back of the helmets? Not sure what font that is after looking, though.

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

I was about to respond to this saying that those numbers are the same official font that we use for our 'N' and all of our 'NEBRASKA' and 'HUSKERS' branding, but then I double checked and they actually aren't. I guess they're the same font as the number decals we put on the back of the helmets? Not sure what font that is after looking, though.

Maybe that's why they look odd to me as well - if they were in the same font as the numbers on the jerseys I think that would look better.