The Trump Economy

I think we're in for a rough ride ahead. The Apple news and other things going on have me pretty nervous. There's something wrong right now with a lot of corporations. They're reigning in their budgets as sales are slumping, even though this is supposedly a prime economy.

the dems took over congress yesterday and the dow is up over 400 already this morning.    am i doing it right trumpers?

edit to add

actually....passing some resolutions to end the shutdown is a positive sign.   maybe they do deserve credit today?

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Manufacturing industry posts biggest annual job gain in 20 years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/manufacturing-posts-best-calendar-year-for-job-gains-since-1997.html

I found this interesting.  

“Manufacturers are bringing people back into the workforce, and we need this trend to continue,” said Dr. Chad Moutray, chief economist at the National Association of Manufacturers. “Our industry currently faces a workforce crisis with more than half a million open jobs today, and 2.4 million jobs expected to go unfilled over the next decade. Closing the skills gap continues to be the top challenge facing manufacturers in the United States and is absolutely essential to ensuring that the sector continues to grow.”

About a year ago, I read some articles talking about how the economic growth that Trump wants to accomplish is not possible without immigration simply because we won't have enough workers to do the work.

1 hour ago, commando said:

i thought trumpy bear was going to run this country like a business?  what kind of business closes it's doors for months or years and hopes to make a profit? 

Well.....to be fair.....the way some of his businesses have been ran, he would be money ahead with them not having their doors open.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...