Akron Game Weather

17 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

it's a nationally televised game. if you think moving start time up is an option, then you don't understand how tv works.

How does a 2 hour lightening delay work then? Will the world wait with us? 

1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

Yeah. At least it looks like we could get the first half in before it starts storming.

How poetic that The Frost era begin with a storm. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder how late they'd go. I can see them delaying it at 8pm and starting again at 10pm and not cancelling. But when it gets to be midnight I'd think you'd throw in the towel.

I guess the Ohio State game is good template.  At what point do they say who cares?  

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I guess the Ohio State game is good template.  At what point do they say who cares?  

I wonder how dependent it is on the score. If you've got a tie game I can see them just having it end in a tie (which would suck for the team that's more likely to get its s#!t together and make it a blowout). If it's 14-13... that'd be rough. If it's 28-0, I can see both teams being fine to end it.

Just now, Moiraine said:

I wonder how dependent it is on the score. If you've got a tie game I can see them just having it end in a tie (which would suck for the team that's more likely to get it's s#!t together and make it a blowout). If it's 14-13... that'd be rough. If it's 28-0, I can see both teams being fine to end it.

I was thinking the same thing. Three minutes left, a one point game, and a lightening delay with a forecast for lightening to continue for 5 hours. I am not worried though, we should be up by 28 mid-way through the first quarter. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Thank God we have a run oriented quarterback.  Maybe we can get this sucker over in under 3 hours. 

At the least I want us to have 1 quarter of no rain so, if we're capable of it, we can score 2-3 TDs to put it away. A rainy game always benefits the s#!tty team because it's harder for both teams to score.