Questions to Ponder

This program didn't deteriorate in a year and won't be fixed in one.  No one coach and group of assistants was going to make the type of difference demanded by this desperate fanbase inside of two games.  They would have benefited from their first game for experience and the lack of depth at QB became a real crisis a few days before the season.  Let's not even discuss the firing of any assistants yet.  Changes on the score board for this team are deeper than the weight room and some quick coaching.  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

We're in HCSF's first season; two games played into said first season, and we already have "fans" talking about firing assistant coaches????????????????????????????????

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: 

There SERIOUSLY is not an emoji, gif, or meme to adequately display the level WTF going on here.

The internet was a mistake

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1. Colorado isn't very good and neither is Nebraska. The pac 12 south is bad so they may end up with an ok record but they're average at best

2. Bunch should remain the back up because there is no one else to be the back up so you're stuck with him

3. More reps in this scheme and installing more of the playbook will iron out these issue....next year.

4. I dont see anyone getting let go.

44 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

We're in HCSF's first season; two games played into said first season, and we already have "fans" talking about firing assistant coaches????????????????????????????????

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: 

There SERIOUSLY is not an emoji, gif, or meme to adequately display the level WTF going on here.

Not to mention we're talking about firing someone from a staff that coached a team to 13-0 last year.  We've reached a new level of idiocy.  Here's a thought: Maybe our losing has nothing to do with the coaching and a lot to do with the players.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Not to mention we're talking about firing someone from a staff that coached a team to 13-0 last year.  We've reached a new level of idiocy.  Here's a thought: Maybe our losing has nothing to do with the coaching and a lot to do with the players.

No kidding.  This same coaching staff took an 0-12 team and went 6-6 then 13-0...But suddenly they don't know how to "coach."

Times like this when I wonder if these are actually Nebraska fans or trolls from KSUcks, sCUm, etc.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think I am like many Husker fans wondering what in the heck happened to start this season.  I don't believe anyone predicted we would be winless heading into Michigan, and I realize the easiest game to win was canceled.  With that said, here are a few questions I am pondering at the moment.

1.  Is Troy better than Colorado?  The reason I am asking is that we struggled more than I expected on offense, and Bunch had far less time to throw than Martinez did last week.  The O-line was manhandled the whole game which was not the case against Colorado.  Troy definitely had a better punter and special teams unit than Colorado.

2.  Should Bunch remain the backup?  I know it was just one game today, but I was not overly impressed with him.  Now I have not seen anything of Masker so I am not sure how he compared to Bunch.

3.  What will it take to stop the dumb plays and penalties and a lack of mental toughness?

4.  If this season continues the way it has, will Frost be willing to let go one of his assistants in favor of some new blood?  I know it's early still and I hope the team can turn things around, but today's game was a hot mess.

I can answer them all...…...it's gonna take time and recruiting. Oh, didn't answer the first one...….there's no way to know but Troy could be equal to Colorado.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think I am like many Husker fans wondering what in the heck happened to start this season.  I don't believe anyone predicted we would be winless heading into Michigan, and I realize the easiest game to win was canceled.  With that said, here are a few questions I am pondering at the moment.

1.  Is Troy better than Colorado?  The reason I am asking is that we struggled more than I expected on offense, and Bunch had far less time to throw than Martinez did last week.  The O-line was manhandled the whole game which was not the case against Colorado.  Troy definitely had a better punter and special teams unit than Colorado.  CU is not a slouch team nor is Troy.  Troy was 11-2 last year.  We were 4-8.....We were also starting a 3rd string walk-on.  Our S&C has improved light years from RILEY.  BUT it's only been a month or two for some of the guys....It will take a year or two to see the ultimate product.  Per Frost, guys were not even working out when he got here.  We beat ourselves both games with stupid mistakes.  Like we did in Pelini's tenure and Riley's.  That crap ain't going away in a summer and fall. We don't have the depth to sit guys who screw up....With Bunch in, the game plan was limited IMO (it sucked is what I said in game thread) so it put our O in a difficult position as well.  Hard to get plan mismatches without calling certain plays ie one sets up another.  Throw in an O that was going 3 and out and our D facing an O that was snapping with 25-28 secs on the clock.  They were gassed.

2.  Should Bunch remain the backup?  I know it was just one game today, but I was not overly impressed with him.  Now I have not seen anything of Masker so I am not sure how he compared to Bunch.  Bunch is the guy by default.  Who else is there?  I hope he improves.  Rooting for him.  It would also help if guys catch passes and guys don't fumble.  I limited playbook will always get limited results....

3.  What will it take to stop the dumb plays and penalties and a lack of mental toughness?  Sitting guys.  But we don't have the depth.  Things get rough, as they did today.  Guys revert back to old habits.  In stress, contrary to public opinion, one falls to the level of their training.  One does not rise to the level of their expectations.  Repetition will help.  Depth will help.  Getting over the mental hump of "here comes the loss" will help.

4.  If this season continues the way it has, will Frost be willing to let go one of his assistants in favor of some new blood?  I know it's early still and I hope the team can turn things around, but today's game was a hot mess.  Frost and Co need time.  Look at the sh!t show Riley left.  How Many DC's in 3 years?  2 losing seasons.  Guys recruited for 2 different systems ie Bo's guys and Riley's guys.  They need time to get their kids, get the mentality right.  Weed out the ones who don't want to put in the work.  AND get the kids to trust them and the system.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

@lo country, your answers in bold...I concur 100%.

I admit I was thinking 9 wins was possible this year.  While, mathmatically, speaking, that is still possible, it would take nothing short of a miracle to get 9 wins.  

This team is, admittedly, worse than I thought.  I thought Frost and his staff would be miracle workers.  They are not.  But what they are, are incredibly talented coaches who just need time.

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@lo country, your answers in bold...I concur 100%.

I admit I was thinking 9 wins was possible this year.  While, mathmatically, speaking, that is still possible, it would take nothing short of a miracle to get 9 wins.  

This team is, admittedly, worse than I thought.  I thought Frost and his staff would be miracle workers.  They are not.  But what they are, are incredibly talented coaches who just need time.

My thoughts as well. I think the Akron game was a huge unfortunate event. If that game is played, the team gets confidence and could very well be 3-0.  But the facts are that NU is 0-2.  If Martinez comes back soon, I think NU gets wins over Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Illinois. I also think that Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan Stare are winnable, as well.