Depth Chart Changes

49 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If Honas is injured, deduction would say Young would still start if no one behind him is better.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't know.  Seems to be cherry picking who is being held accountable.

I think you answered why some players are not getting PT cut while others are...depth and injuries.

5 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Predictable because it is obvious to coaches and fans alike or that you think coaches are failing to see the real problems in the two-deep? How would you change the depth chart? 

Oh, I just meant that it is nothing earth shattering...like where a ton of starters were all of a sudden benched.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I was referring more to Dismuke falling off the depth chart when he had a PF called against him but the Davis twins have a couple called against them and nothing has changed.

Beyond the PF calls against Dismuke and the Davis twins, which of the three are playing to a standard that allows them to stay in their role and which fall short? All three?

I would argue that one mistake will not get you benched with SF (i.e., no fear of failure), but an inability to execute routinely during practice and in game will be the litmus.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I was referring more to Dismuke falling off the depth chart when he had a PF called against him but the Davis twins have a couple called against them and nothing has changed.

And I think the depth explanation still holds. We have other safeties, but Freedom and Stille can't play the whole game on the d-line. Practice could be a factor as well, but I doubt Dismuke is lighting up teammates or anything. He's probably still 3rd string anyway, so cutting that off the depth chart could be trying to send a message - that's just pretty much the only public-facing option when he's already 3rd string. We'll find out Saturday if he plays or not I guess.

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Perhaps it's possible that the coaches are basing their decisions off of just one or two plays.