Depth Chart Changes

28 minutes ago, Undone said:

The Farmer-for-Conrad swap is due to injury. So then if you move Farmer to center, obviously a new guy comes in for Farmer at right guard. So it's not like earth shattering news.

Do we know that for sure? Conrad is still on the depth chart - I know he got hurt Saturday, but the only thing I've heard since is something along the lines of "he'll be fine." Don't know if that means he's limited but is still the 2nd best option, or he's healthy but they're making the move to Farmer.

7 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Do we know that for sure? Conrad is still on the depth chart - I know he got hurt Saturday, but the only thing I've heard since is something along the lines of "he'll be fine."

I suppose you're right, we don't technically know it for sure.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

And really it isn't that Young is bad...it just seems like he has never gotten better, at all.  He is just an average player that they can't seem to get off the field.  

Got that right - he seemed to have started out hot his Frosh year and has faded since then.   Have so many DC and position changes over the past 3 years doesn't help in the area of player development.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Can anyone name another 3-4 year starter that when their time was over you forgot they were a starter a few years later?  I feel like that is going to happen with Freedom, Mick, and Young.

I hate saying this but I'd probably say Cam Meredith...

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Can anyone name another 3-4 year starter that when their time was over you forgot they were a starter a few years later?  I feel like that is going to happen with Freedom, Mick, and Young.

Pierre Allen

Thad Randle

Mike Caputo

Basically, you could go through the O & D Line rosters from the Pelini and Riley eras and find guys that were mostly unremarkable. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2