Depth Chart Changes

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Farmer may be an improvement at C, but he had issues on a couple of snaps.

He did, but I don't think he'd been working at Center since early in fall camp. He's got a week to shake the rust off, and honestly I'll take a rolled snap or two if it means having the right line calls and a decent blocker in the middle. A lot of people have been saying the best 5 are (in order of talent, IMO) Jaimes, Farmer, Wilson, Foster, and Farniok so it's nice to finally see that group. Some people debating Foster, and Farniok really only because we're so thin at tackle.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

He did, but I don't think he'd been working at Center since early in fall camp. He's got a week to shake the rust off, and honestly I'll take a rolled snap or two if it means having the right line calls and a decent blocker in the middle. A lot of people have been saying the best 5 are (in order of talent, IMO) Jaimes, Farmer, Wilson, Foster, and Farniok so it's nice to finally see that group. Some people debating Foster, and Farniok really only because we're so thin at tackle.

Agreed.

I'm just hoping snap issues don't lead to a turnover in Madison....but having the right calls is a must.

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Does anyone know the nature of Stoltenberg's injury? He's not on the depth chart. Guess I didn't realize his injury was going to be more than a one game deal.

He's had knee issues since tearing it a few years ago.

Since it seems to be getting worse, I'm afraid that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure I'd be reading between the lines and saying that the depth chart looks all that different or that it looks different because the problem guys got benched (with the exception of Jackson).

The Farmer-for-Conrad swap is due to injury. So then if you move Farmer to center, obviously a new guy comes in for Farmer at right guard. So it's not like earth shattering news.

Obviously I love that Lee is listed above Jackson. But our front seven is honestly just a sad state of affairs with the one exception being Barry.