Jurgens to Center

As long as the kid is good with the move and is doing it for the right reasons (e.g. wanting to help the team), then hell yes let's move him. 

Hell, we can give him snaps the last four games of the year and see how he does. Maybe between Cam and Bland moving to a guard position, we'll be able to knock down the number of holds from ~10 to 8 (or even 7!) a game... 

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

As long as the kid is good with the move and is doing it for the right reasons (e.g. wanting to help the team), then hell yes let's move him. 

Hell, we can give him snaps the last four games of the year and see how he does. Maybe between Cam and Bland moving to a guard position, we'll be able to knock down the number of holds from ~10 to 8 (or even 7!) a game... 

A small bit of pedantry: I think he's already played in at least 1 game this year. 

43 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

A small bit of pedantry: I think he's already played in at least 1 game this year. 

Mavric answered a question of mine earlier in the thread and he confirmed that Jurgens has appeared in 1 game so far.  Maybe Jurgens can get some work at center against Bethune Cookman (assuming NU is in a position to win the game) and get some snaps in late in the season.

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Oh hell, sorry, I must have missed when he came in. 

Well, three games then left to come in and try his hand at Center. Still good experience for the kid.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mavric answered a question of mine earlier in the thread and he confirmed that Jurgens has appeared in 1 game so far.  Maybe Jurgens can get some work at center against Bethune Cookman (assuming NU is in a position to win the game) and get some snaps in late in the season.

I'm guessing not.  To my knowledge, he has not actually practiced at Center yet.  Center is the "Center" of the offensive line that has to know one hell of a lot of the offense....along with actually snapping the ball and in sync with the QB.

From what I gather, he also needs to add quite a bit of weight before he actually plays this position.

I'm struggling to see how he could step in at Center when he hasn't even played Guard or any other offensive line position.

21 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

FWIW Bland recently said he'd prefer to play Guard vs Center here. 

Ah, I did not know that. Last I remembered we wanted him at the center but that was well before the season even started. We should have a solid interior O-Line next year. The problem will be the inexperience but the potential is there. These five should all see the field next year. Farniok should also be able to back up at tackle for a few plays if need be. Next year we should see more rotating of the O-line.

Jurgens-unproven, however very athletic and powerful

Reardon- young but has potential, most likely plays next year

Bland- JuCo who could start immediately

Wilson- Next year he needs to take that next step. A solid lineman thus far.

Farniok- Talk of him moving inside and I think that fits his style better. 

12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Ah, I did not know that. Last I remembered we wanted him at the center but that was well before the season even started. We should have a solid interior O-Line next year. The problem will be the inexperience but the potential is there. These five should all see the field next year. Farniok should also be able to back up at tackle for a few plays if need be. Next year we should see more rotating of the O-line.

Jurgens-unproven, however very athletic and powerful

Reardon- young but has potential, most likely plays next year

Bland- JuCo who could start immediately

Wilson- Next year he needs to take that next step. A solid lineman thus far.

Farniok- Talk of him moving inside and I think that fits his style better. 

Well, it will at least be a bit harder for the officials to see his holding when there's all those other large bodies around him. :dunno

• Haha 1