The Angry Violent Right

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

She quickly, and cleverly I might add, suggested they were chanting LGB, when they were actually saying FJB. It's lost it's luster some, but was pretty funny at first.

So....a race car driver wins a race and a small part of the crowd starts changing FJB?  Yeah...that makes sense and makes them look so smart.

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So....a race car driver wins a race and a small part of the crowd starts changing FJB?  Yeah...that makes sense and makes them look so smart.

That parts stupid, the funny part was her cleverly covering that up by suggesting they were saying LGB.... But you knew that. Carry on.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

She quickly, and cleverly I might add, suggested they were chanting LGB, when they were actually saying FJB. It's lost it's luster some, but was pretty funny at first.

It is funny. And the fact that a rapper made a Let’s Go Brandon song that hit #1 for iTunes downloads surprised me. I have to think the reporter is a little embarrassed she caused such an uproar. Do you think she was trying to cover up the chant on live TV or was it an honest mistake? I need to watch the clip again to see if I can see Brandon’s facial expression when she says it. I have to admit that a congressman wearing a Let’s Go Brandon face mask during a session of Congress is a bit childish. 

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Actually plenty of media personalities on their twitter accounts. 

I searched "Let's go Brandon" top results on twitter through a few hundred tweets. I saw a total of two people upset by it - one was some random person saying it was stupid by virtue of the fact that you could just say "f#&% Joe Biden", the other was the former National Finance Chair of Draft Biden 2016 calling for a boycott of Southwest. I guess my algorithms don't feed me upset media personalities.

https://twitter.com/search?q=lets go brandon&src=typed_query

:dunno

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I searched "Let's go Brandon" top results on twitter through a few hundred tweets. I saw a total of two people upset by it - one was some random person saying it was stupid by virtue of the fact that you could just say "f#&% Joe Biden", the other was the former National Finance Chair of Draft Biden 2016 calling for a boycott of Southwest. I guess my algorithms don't feed me upset media personalities.

Here’s one after looking for about a minute

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Here’s another.  Mr. I lied about Bush and got fired chimed one. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpost.com/entry/dan-rather-lets-go-brandon_n_618138b2e4b03830d83805ff/amp

• Plus1 1

Thanks. The first example does not strike me as being "upset" at all; it's two minutes of accurate commentary sandwiched in between two dumb sensationalized editorial choices. The second is fine, but I've got a hunch the number of people upset about the chant is much smaller than the number of people talking about how so many people are upset about the chant. 

• Plus1 1