The Angry Violent Right

2 hours ago, nic said:

It is funny. And the fact that a rapper made a Let’s Go Brandon song that hit #1 for iTunes downloads surprised me. I have to think the reporter is a little embarrassed she caused such an uproar. Do you think she was trying to cover up the chant on live TV or was it an honest mistake? I need to watch the clip again to see if I can see Brandon’s facial expression when she says it. I have to admit that a congressman wearing a Let’s Go Brandon face mask during a session of Congress is a bit childish. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

They're getting upset? Or they're just talking about it?

Who have you seen upset?

NPR:

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050782613/why-the-lets-go-brandon-chant-turned-meme-can-be-heard-on-the-floor-of-congress?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2061

“CNN’s Edward-Issac Dovere was so offended by the phrase that he called it "an inside joke telling the president of the United States to perform a sexual act on himself."

CNN’s John Avalon called the chant "trollish" and "not patriotic." 

Wash Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-vulgar-signs-chants/2021/10/22/6071836e-3122-11ec-a880-a9d8c009a0b1_story.html

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, nic said:

NPR:

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050782613/why-the-lets-go-brandon-chant-turned-meme-can-be-heard-on-the-floor-of-congress?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2061

“CNN’s Edward-Issac Dovere was so offended by the phrase that he called it "an inside joke telling the president of the United States to perform a sexual act on himself."

Wash Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-vulgar-signs-chants/2021/10/22/6071836e-3122-11ec-a880-a9d8c009a0b1_story.html

Not sure where your CNN quotes come from, but there's nothing to indicate someone is "upset" by the NPR and WaPo articles, which are merely detailing current events, or the twitter woman pondering a hypothetical. 

How do you view these as people being upset? 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, nic said:

It's funny that a person who claims to be a regular watcher of CNN uses the Fox News interpretation of their reaction rather than sourcing it from CNN.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's funny that a person who claims to be a regular watcher of CNN uses the Fox News interpretation of their reaction rather than sourcing it from CNN.

I don’t watch much CNN or FOX except for last nights election returns I flipped between MSNBC and FOX. It turns out, I could not even find CNN on my FUBO streaming service. I need to look again because that seems odd. I got it for Big Ten sports and will cancel it after the NCAA tourney until football starts again.

I read through the  headlines online on FOX and CNN each day. I automatically see what’s on the yahoo feed from the browser. It directs me to various other sources including FOX which surprised me. I sometimes watch a video or two.

On a side note,  last night’s MSNBC broadcast seemed like continual comments about racism with regard to the Virginia gubernatorial election. It was irritating. I just wanted to see results and get some exit polling. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, nic said:

I don’t watch much CNN or FOX except for last nights election returns I flipped between MSNBC and FOX. It turns out, I could not even find CNN on my FUBO streaming service. I need to look again because that seems odd. I got it for Big Ten sports and will cancel it after the NCAA tourney until football starts again.

I read through the  headlines online on FOX and CNN each day. I automatically see what’s on the yahoo feed from the browser. It directs me to various other sources including FOX which surprised me. I sometimes watch a video or two.

On a side note,  last night’s MSNBC broadcast seemed like continual comments about racism with regard to the Virginia gubernatorial election. It was irritating. I just wanted to see results and get some exit polling. 

Did you do any fact-checking on those quotes, or just copypasta what Fox said?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Did you do any fact-checking on those quotes, or just copypasta what Fox said?

I did not look for the CNN videos. I don’t feel like spending the time to look for. One was from the News Day show if you are interested. FOX and CNN spend inordinate amounts of time jabbing each other. I suspect the jabs are bases on real statements, and are usually videos of the statements. I guess you could selectively cut off part of video to make it look worse and I am sure both take the opportunity to do so. Bottom line line is some in the media are not happy with “let’s go Brandon” and are letting their opinions be known loud and clear. I am not sure why you all are even wasting time trying to argue the point. 

• Fire 1
Just now, nic said:

I did not look for the CNN videos. I don’t feel like spending the time to look for. One was from the News Day show if you are interested. FOX and CNN spend inordinate amounts of time jabbing each other. I suspect the jabs are bases on real statements, and are usually videos of the statements. I guess you could selectively cut off part of video to make it look worse and I am sure both take the opportunity to do so. Bottom line line is some in the media are not happy with “let’s go Brandon” and are letting their opinions be known loud and clear. I am not sure why you all are even wasting time trying to argue the point. 

I'm glad we can agree that using Fox News as a source for a CNN quote, and vice versa, is a bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, nic said:

Typically, using a sound bite taken from a broader comment is a bad idea to make a judgement call.

3 hours ago, nic said:

Bottom line line is some in the media are not happy with “let’s go Brandon” and are letting their opinions be known loud and clear.

That's not the bottom line unless you can provide more than one example of one person actually being upset, which isn't the same thing as just talking or writing about it.

You haven't done that, so no bottom line exists; only your unfounded claim that all these media members are super duper mad 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

That's not the bottom line unless you can provide more than one example of one person actually being upset, which isn't the same thing as just talking or writing about it.

You haven't done that, so no bottom line exists; only your unfounded claim that all these media members are super duper mad 

“Some in the media are upset” is very different than “all these media members are super duper mad”. They are distracted by the election now, so the Brandon thing will die out.

• Plus1 1