The Better America of our Dreams

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe the vaccine researchers as a group would have been a better choice for this year. 

Or the epidemiologists, virologists, nurses and doctors treating covid, or literally anyone on the front lines of the fight against covid, especially considering "Ebola Fighters" were the person of the year in 2014.

They could have even named Covid-19 as person of the year since they named The Computer in 1984 and The Endangered Planet in 1988.

14 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Every year this makes headlines and I've never figured out why. It doesn't really mean anything. There are dozens, if not hundreds of people who hugely influence any given year. One person (or two, in this case) doesn't sum up the year by themselves.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Every year this makes headlines and I've never figured out why. It doesn't really mean anything. There are dozens, if not hundreds of people who hugely influence any given year. One person (or two, in this case) doesn't sum up the year by themselves.

No different than the Heisman.  

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm surprised it wasn't the image of the Covid infection.  Or Dr F. 

• 3 weeks later...