The Better America of our Dreams

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the most amazing letters from history. 

Wish we had this kind of leadership. 

That is amazing - I'm reading this book right now  - and just read where Ambrose quoted this very statement by Ike.  I've got so much respect for Ike - most likely a top 5-8 president of all time in my book and in the book of so many others.   The Ambrose book is a great, lively read.  You can tell Ambrose has great admiration for Ike but yet at the same time he doesn't hold back in stating where Ike went wrong on some of his decisions - not just in Ambrose's opinion but as reflected by other historians.    Ike was truly one of those history turning consequential soldiers/leaders.   President Grant had the same affect on the Civil War, but fell short (in comparison to his role as a general) as a president - although history is starting to look more favorably on his presidency as well.  Ike's presidency lived up to the acclaim he received as the Commander of the Allied European theater in WW 2. 

See the source image

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It's infuriating that there needs to be a gofundme to help pay for his medical bills. 

That should absolutely be paid by the city and their tax revenue, not random people having to donate their own money.

Or we don't have an archaic and punitive healthcare system.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 7:56 AM, BigRedBuster said:

This is why I loved Reagan so much - both his speech and his humor - his natural reaction was so much different than the former guy.

Here is the former guy's reaction in comparison

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great story.  I watched a bit of the little league competition yesterday but missed that part.  

• Haha 1