The Better America of our Dreams

On 2/16/2020 at 11:59 AM, RedDenver said:

I didn't see a better thread to put this in, but this is a fascinating discussion on the new left and new right and some of where they agree and disagree:

Good video.  I think it is important that left and right for the most part see the same issues and desire to fix those issues - just often different paths in doing so. When we get to the extremes there may not be an agreement.   Trump's divisive talk however has ruin the opportunity for compromise and seeking common ground on issues and working to solutions. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Peggy Noonan wrote a great book about Reagan titled "When Character was King" - What GWB said in this clip reminded me of that book.  We don't have to agree on policy to reflect character, good will towards others, and decency and grace.  GWB did so. How far we have fallen to the current Cheeto in the WH.  There is no way trump could have spoken those words.  1. He isn't capable of such grace 2. It would have taken the spotlight off of him.

The GOP has taken on the personality of the offender in chief and it no longer deserves to be the party of the WH or the Senate. 

• 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Toquilla sunrises were my drink of choice along with the upside down margaritas.  

I forgot about Tequila Sunrises...(wonder why ;))  

I used to love those!  I have a bottle of Cuervo in the cabinet, might have to find some grenadine.