Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, I am I said:

Is Iowa a rival? 
Yes cuz i can’t stand that team and f them. I hope we win 20 straight against them and I hope they lose every game they play. 
f Iowa,  like literally f them. 

And why is it that you hate Iowa so much? Does it have anything to do with the win/loss record this century? Are your feelings hurt because your program has been an absolute dumpster fire while Iowa has at least been average or better? Does it bother you that we have a life outside of college football? Does it bother you that Iowa Football has been able to look down at the Husker program for most of the last 20 years, even though, according to Husker fans, Iowa has sucked? 

Back to the original question, is Iowa a rival? Some of you that are sitting high on your pedestal claim that Nebraska is such a blue blood that Iowa would never be a rival. Well, in the opinion of many, Nebraska has fallen so far from grace that Iowa is, indeed, a rival. I believe that the question has been answered.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

This is why your guys are lame fans with a lame program.  You literally root for average.  It weird.

And, what is your "life outside of college football"?

That is totally something that fake fans say for missing games.  "Ohhhh, the reason that UCLA doesn't sell out each game is because there is so much to do"

Oh okay, like what?  "Oh, like, go to the ocean or go hiking"

You would think that every UCLA fan is at the ocean, every Saturday in the fall, from 9am until 9pm.  Stop.

You have 12 games a year to attend/watch.  The reason you DON'T has nothing to do with "having a life" it has everything to do with you not really caring, which is totally fine, but it also seems like you are lying, if you are here, on a husker site, posting about Iowa football and trying to convince husker fans that you such a busy life that you can't take time to talk about Iowa.

Just stop it.  I get it, you like a lame team, you just watched your team get less than 100 yards of offense and you watch your team get abused on defense all night.  It sucks for you.  But just own it.

This weird idea of trying to make it sound like you are a big fan but not that big of a fan, it is crazy.  Look, Iowa FB is not a hot girl that you have to ignore in order to get her attention, thinking you are a challenge and different from other other guys. 

Is that the long way to say that we are, indeed, a rival?

1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

Is that the long way to say that we are, indeed, a rival?

It was the long way to make fun of you.

It appears that for Iowa fans NU is a rival but not so much the other way around.  It is why you guys come here, you are obsessed with all things red.  

But the big ten tries so hard to manufacture these rivals but that is really not how it works.  For the last 10 years NU has been lame and for the last 100 years Iowa has been lame.  Not really much to create a rivalry over. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

It's tough to play in Happy Valley at night during a White Out, but even still, these are horrific stats from the reddit post-game thread:

• Iowa had the same number of turnovers as first downs (four)
  • Penn State scored just two fewer points than Iowa had offensive plays (31 to 33)
  • Penn State had more rushing attempts (57) than Iowa had passing yards (56)
  • Iowa’s total rushing yards (20) were nearly matched on one rush by Penn State running back Nicholas Singleton (19 yard long)
  • Iowa had six total fumbles (four lost)
  • Penn State QB Drew Allar nearly had as many passing attempts (37) as Iowa QB Cade McNamara had passing yards
  • Iowa posted a total of 20 rushing yards on 17 attempts (1.2 yards per attempt)
  • Penn State's backups had more yards than Iowa did the entire game
  • Penn State had more plays (97) than Iowa had total yards (79)
  • 26% of Iowa's total offensive yards were from a single pass in the 1st minute of the opening possession
  • Iowa had 76 yards of total offense, and 366 punt yards
  • Penn State had more than triple Iowa's time of possession - 45:27 to 14:33

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's tough to play in Happy Valley at night during a White Out, but even still, these are horrific stats from the reddit post-game thread:

• Penn State scored just two fewer points than Iowa had offensive plays (31 to 33)
  • Iowa’s total rushing yards (20) were nearly matched on one rush by Penn State running back Nicholas Singleton (19 yard long)
  • Penn State QB Drew Allar nearly had as many passing attempts (37) as Iowa QB Cade McNamara had passing yards
  • Iowa posted a total of 20 rushing yards on 17 attempts (1.2 yards per attempt)
  • 26% of Iowa's total offensive yards were from a single pass in the 1st minute of the opening possession

So does Coach F retire after this year - giving his OC son an easy out opportunity?   Iowa looked pathetic in that game.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

My god!

The best part is, they are stuck with their coach until HE wants to retire.  He calls the shots there and everyone knows it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So does Coach F retire after this year - giving his OC son an easy out opportunity?   Iowa looked pathetic in that game.  

Not sure but whatever they do it will totally be done to create the best case scenario for his son, which I get and I would do the same.  But he is clearly going to ruin that place.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My god!

The best part is, they are stuck with their coach until HE wants to retire.  He calls the shots there and everyone knows it.  

Iowa will go 9-3 or 8-4 with an Outback Bowl bid.  Kirk will get another contract extension (because all Iowa strives for is to be above average).

Brian won't meet his 25 ppg metric, but he will leave for an NFL OL gig before he is fired.

• TBH 1