Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Kid no longer at Iowa (transferred to Ok St), but safe to assume he’s never playing another snap of college football.

NCAA rules on gambling state that if a student-athlete places a bet on any of his/her school's athletic teams (could be any sport) that student-athlete is banned for the rest of his career.  I get that gambling is legal, but these guys are morons for having bet on a game involving their own school.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is my question…….Why Iowa?  There’s more to this.  My foil hat is on but there is just something that doesn’t seem right..

I just think the Iowa Gaming Department is the only one that cares so far to look into it.

I guaran-damn-tee that players from it is Colorado, Michigan, Ohio St, etc are doing this too.

Just now, Dogs In A Pile said:

Pretty bold statement coming from a team that has had 6 losing seasons in a row while IA has had 10 winning seasons in a row. If they are irrelevant what does that make NU? An embarrassment?

Not really.  People are talking about how bad Nebraska has been.  People aren't talking about Iowa's winning seasons they are talking about gambling.  Because that's the only way Iowa is interesting 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is my question…….Why Iowa?  There’s more to this.  My foil hat is on but there is just something that doesn’t seem right..

Draftkings and Fan Duel I think are only allowed in a few states for sports betting, it always verifies my location living in CO and there's a list with just a few states on it, Iowa being one of em.  That is part of why this is limited,  and maybe they're just stupider in Iowa than the other states??? :lol:

Looks like they've expanded a bit to 13+.

Screenshot_20230810_185525_Chrome.thumb.jpg.50ed4f2f9ee5e04baaefd8eb555a903e.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I just think the Iowa Gaming Department is the only one that cares so far to look into it.

I guaran-damn-tee that players from it is Colorado, Michigan, Ohio St, etc are doing this too.

Probably.  I just think it’s dumb.  Warn the kids.  Educate them and move on.

Iowa blows.  But what blows worse is unnecessary government overreach.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Probably.  I just think it’s dumb.  Warn the kids.  Educate them and move on.

Iowa blows.  But what blows worse is unnecessary government overreach.

They are educated.  They are warned to not bet on their school’s games and if know if they get caught they will lose their eligibility.  They knew they were breaking the rules and still went ahead and did it.

I don’t think it’s “unnecessary government overreach” to go after players (college and pro) that are betting on their own games.  Iowa has a state law that it is illegal for players to bet on their own games.

Players can’t be betting on their own games.  It compromises the integrity of the game.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1