Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, CyHawk said:

It should actually sting a bit more that he chose "has won something never U" over  Nebraska

I understand that your roll is to troll... but the last Omaha tight end that went to Iowa left on bad terms due in part to some of the racial issues caused by Iowa's coaching staff. Kind of sad because those same issues played a part in Proctor out of Des Moines bailing to Alabama last year.

Any truth to the rumor that Ferentz wanted the throwback all-white uniforms? :dunno

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

15 hours ago, CyHawk said:

It should actually sting a bit more that he chose "has won something never U" over  Nebraska

I don't think it's that big of a deal he went to Iowa.  Nebraska has a limited amount of scholarships that they can give out and unfortunately they just didn't have the room to take him.  Not saying he wasn't or isn't good enough to play for Nebraska but there were guys that Nebraska wanted more.  Yes it will stink knowing a local kid is playing for a border state rival but I think we won't be too worried about Iowa when Nebraska starts winning and developing local kids to be contributors to the team.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Going on other team's website to crow about a recruit that hasn't signed - let alone played - yet, is just sad.

Being Iowa fan is just sad.  We are in the midst of the worst stretch of Husker football in a long, long time, yet more people care about the Huskers.  Oh, and we beat Iowa this year.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
On 6/23/2023 at 5:14 PM, CyHawk said:

That's got to sting a bit that Omaha native Michael Burt chose  Tight End University over the Huskers.

Iowa fan in here bragging about getting a guy the Huskers didn't have room for because they have better guys.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4

"Being Iowa fan is just sad.  We are in the midst of the worst stretch of Husker football in a long, long time, yet more people care about the Huskers.  Oh, and we beat Iowa this year."

Yes, the huskers beat the team with one of the worst offenses in D1. Iowa has been horrible the past 2 years on offense. I will give you that.

The reasoning behind folks like us caring about the Huskers is how your team went about winning, and how your fans were demeaning to other teams and fans way back in the last century when they were good. Remember when you all would applaud for the losing team as they came off the field after a 40, 50, 60 point drubbing? The reason you applauded the other team is that you were the self anointed "best fans in college football". Fast forward several years, several coaches, and a TON of horrible seasons and no longer do the greatest fans applaud the losing team (btw, far fewer teams lose in Lincoln). When that swagger was shoved down our throats for years, it is easy to laugh about your team now, along with the fans that have abandoned the team at many games right there in Lincoln. 

With that, I do hope that Ruhl at least gets the Huskers to be competitive as a joke can only last so long...................... 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, CyHawk said:

"Being Iowa fan is just sad.  We are in the midst of the worst stretch of Husker football in a long, long time, yet more people care about the Huskers.  Oh, and we beat Iowa this year."

Yes, the huskers beat the team with one of the worst offenses in D1. Iowa has been horrible the past 2 years on offense. I will give you that.

The reasoning behind folks like us caring about the Huskers is how your team went about winning, and how your fans were demeaning to other teams and fans way back in the last century when they were good. Remember when you all would applaud for the losing team as they came off the field after a 40, 50, 60 point drubbing? The reason you applauded the other team is that you were the self anointed "best fans in college football". Fast forward several years, several coaches, and a TON of horrible seasons and no longer do the greatest fans applaud the losing team (btw, far fewer teams lose in Lincoln). When that swagger was shoved down our throats for years, it is easy to laugh about your team now, along with the fans that have abandoned the team at many games right there in Lincoln. 

With that, I do hope that Ruhl at least gets the Huskers to be competitive as a joke can only last so long...................... 

So you admit your team was bad and here you are trying to troll another fan base.

878136fa4923ac66bf2f6381828868a5.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

"Only an Iowa fan would get butt hurt for an opposing team’s fans showing some class towards them after they just got their asses handed to them. SmH"

My point was that your fan base quit doing it when the team became losers. What happened to the class?

"So you admit your team was bad and here you are trying to troll another fan base."

No doubt admitting that at least the offense was horrible. Cannot win if you cannot put points up.

"How many rando Illinios fans stopped by to tell us about the kid going to Illinios?"

I assume that you meant Illinois. That said, the Husker fan base has never had the hatred for them like you have Iowa, so they may not see as much joy in seeing the dumpster fire the program had become. I would still like to see Matt Ruhl turn the program around.

3 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

"Only an Iowa fan would get butt hurt for an opposing team’s fans showing some class towards them after they just got their asses handed to them. SmH"

My point was that your fan base quit doing it when the team became losers. What happened to the class?

"So you admit your team was bad and here you are trying to troll another fan base."

No doubt admitting that at least the offense was horrible. Cannot win if you cannot put points up.

"How many rando Illinios fans stopped by to tell us about the kid going to Illinios?"

I assume that you meant Illinois. That said, the Husker fan base has never had the hatred for them like you have Iowa, so they may not see as much joy in seeing the dumpster fire the program had become. I would still like to see Matt Ruhl turn the program around.

In reality, while some Nebraska fans hate Iowa, y'all spend way more time thinking about us than we do about you.

• TBH 3
19 hours ago, runningblind said:

In reality, while some Nebraska fans hate Iowa, y'all spend way more time thinking about us than we do about you.

Iowa is the new Colorado. Except Colorado actually had some good years back in the day, while Iowa is just... Iowa.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
On 11/21/2018 at 7:23 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

After making the trip up from Missouri for the Bethune-Cookman game, I hate Iowa for their roads.

I like the on ramps for merging on to Iowa interstates that are longer than Nebraska's.  Also Iowa has remodeled their rest areas since the 1980's which makes that experience more pleasant to deal with.  If you travel around the country you realize Nebraska interstate rest areas are a disgrace.  IMO Iowa is a rival due to proximity and shared culture.  If Nebraska could protect three "rivals" I would be for Iowa, UCLA, and Miami if/when they leave the ACC for the Big Ten.

My point was that your fan base quit doing it when the team became losers. What happened to the class?

So you don’t understand the difference between us applauding a team that didn’t give up even though there was no hope of winning vs fans not applauding the losing team that has been cocky douche canoes the last decade or so. Got it. 

you’re either mentally deficient or the worst troll ever. Prob both. 

• Plus1 1

"So you don’t understand the difference between us applauding a team that didn’t give up even though there was no hope of winning vs fans not applauding the losing team that has been cocky douche canoes the last decade or so. Got it."

Seriously? You do not even applaud for your own team any more even when they tried their hardest and did not give up. Hell, most fans were out of the stadium leaving the ones that left to boo the team as they destructed (yes, I realize that you say the boos are for the coaches, but I don't think the players see it that way) I am not saying it is right or wrong, I am just saying why Iowa does not like Nebraska and we have enjoyed seeing the last miserable 25 years of Husker football. 

Some of you may not think so, but between the way the Huskers treated Iowa in the last century, and Iowa pretty much dominating since then, it does indeed make it a rivalry that will continue on (that was the question in the thread). I like the rivalry myself, and I am not sure why most of you will not admit it. 

• Haha 1